Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Analogueman on TPS

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• antifash said:
    Good to hear @mattdavis! Glad I never bought your pedal. ;)
    So am I :-) but give it a couple of weeks.....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavis said:
    antifash said:
    Good to hear @mattdavis! Glad I never bought your pedal. ;)
    So am I :-) but give it a couple of weeks.....
    Yeah I'll probably end up buying it lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3962
    As others have said, it's difficult to get across the differences in a compressed youtube video, but they are there. I've had two Sunfaces side by side on my board (germanium white dot NKT275 and silicon BC183 and they were significantly different. Both excellent. Here's another clip attempting to show some differences:

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12709
    rico said:
    impmann said:
    rico said:

That said, I like how they sound and I will probably try and build one.
    You know, that’s exactly how I felt... 
    Fancy a challenge?
    That’s an idea.

I fancy a pure build using tagboard... but not sure when I could start it right now
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    rico said:

to me most (not all...!) fuzzes sound the same.
    you need to listen to more
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

hotpickups said:
    What I have left with after watching that episode combined with further research its the Sunface using the 2N527 chip would be my preference. 
    A chip?  You need to do some more research.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2017
    That TGP episode was poor.  It could've been so good.

Their language using "fuzzes" and "Fuzz Faces"  interchangeably was lazy and misleading.  I've heard them do it before, too.

Fuzzes are a weak point in their individual and joint knowledge base about pedals.

With all that vintage gear on hand, and Analogman's other production fuzz pedals, it would've been nice to hear a comparison between different types of fuzzes. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_S said:
    hotpickups said:
    What I have left with after watching that episode combined with further research its the Sunface using the 2N527 chip would be my preference. 

A transistor then.
    Ro_S said:
    hotpickups said:

A transistor then.
    plural. two.  if you buy a fuzz face with one tranny you've been done.

• In all my time playing guitar ive tried lots of fuzz pedals and hated them all, imagine my surprise when dan and mick made the 2n version of the sunface sound absolutely astonishing. I didnt care for the other 3 sunfaces at all, but the 2n knocked my socks off and then some. When it comes to yt videos about gear, i think dan and mick have become the go to channel, they have chemistry that the vast majority of yt demo guys and reviewers totally lack, bit like comparing old top gear to the cobblers passing itself as new top gear.
  • In all my time playing guitar ive tried lots of fuzz pedals and hated them all, imagine my surprise when dan and mick made the 2n version of the sunface sound absolutely astonishing. I didnt care for the other 3 sunfaces at all, but the 2n knocked my socks off and then some. When it comes to yt videos about gear, i think dan and mick have become the go to channel, they have chemistry that the vast majority of yt demo guys and reviewers totally lack, bit like comparing old top gear to the cobblers passing itself as new top gear.
    Totally agree with you @Telejester the 2N was my favourite too. Still can't afford one though :(