SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Goldtop R7

What's Hot
GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
With much regret I must part company with a couple of guitars. This is a 2007 R7 LP Goldtop with a lovely one piece mahogany back.  Since these pictures were taken there has been a bit of a pup re-shuffle - bridge is now a SD Pearly Gates and the neck is the original Burstbucker. Both are fitted with aged nickel covers. I'll include the bridge BB in the sale. Pots and caps have been replaced with one of Shugz' excellent 50's style looms - the pots have an excellent taper which makes this LP a joy to play. Weight on my trusty bathroom scales comes in a shade under 9 lbs.

Guitar has a couple of minor dings but nothing major and nothing through the finish. Some worming on the back but again the finish is intact and undamaged. 50's style neck which is big and chunky - next to no fret wear. The jack plate was cracked, like they all do, so has just been replaced with a genuine Gibson Historic replacement. COA and paperwork comes with the guitar. Case is in good order bar a couple of scratches on the front, visible in the pics.

I'm looking for £1700 collected from here in Edinburgh and am happy for you to arrange your own courier. Guitar will be well packaged in a guitar box (double boxed if possible)  with a mountain of bubble wrap.

Not interested in any trades I'm afraid. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

imageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Bump! Open to reasonable offers. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump! No love?
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Love it but no mun no fun :( - GLWS
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    It looks suspiciously like you are wearing socks with sandals in the last pic :)

I take it trades are still out of the question? I mean guitars, not footwear.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The last pick was taken by the previous owner - honest guv! Sadly, need cash I'm afraid - if I didn't I'd be keeping this one. :-(
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    It`s the way it is at present cash sales at that level are hard to get ,everyone needs to trade something.
    I`d like to buy it but money is tight.
    Get selling then! Or call the bank manager! ;-) Seriously though, I know what it's like - I got this by way of a trade for a couple of guitars, because I didn't have spare cash kicking about. My finances have taken a turn for the worse so there may be a few others for sale soon. If it helps - this is easily the best LP I have ever had the pleasure of playing, never mind owning. Suppose everyone says that but I don't think there is a bad R7 out there.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I want one of those!!!!!

Unlikely to have that sort of spare cash for some years though :(
    Another bump.
  • God I loved that guitar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump!
    Open to offers on this now.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5038
    Do you have an accurate weight for the guitar? Cheers.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Bathroom scales accurate! Just under 9lbs
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately I've never yet met a set of bathroom scales that could weigh a guitar accurately!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Sounds about the correct weight for an R7. That is what mine weighs.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

stonevibe said:
    Sounds about the correct weight for an R7. That is what mine weighs.

Goldtops can weigh a lot less or a lot more than 9lbs, which is why I asked for an accurate weight.
    sold