So, you're 18 months old...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3197
    edited March 2014
    A thought has occurred to me.

You know those coffee beans that get eaten by Monkeys, shat out, and then cost an absolute fortune? I wonder if digested amp knobs improve toanz? I feel a TGP scam coming on...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    A thought has occurred to me.

You know those coffee beans that get eaten by Monkeys, shat out, and then cost an absolute fortune? I wonder if digested amp knobs improve toanz? I feel a TGP scam coming on...
    Well, you could market them as "helping one to attain that elusive brown sound"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    The brown sound beans come from the arse of a civet. Clearly their value increases if they come with a certificate saying what the keeper had for breakfast, and what day of the week they were shat out.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    57Deluxe said:
    ..in the Dog's bed...
    or in the dog.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited March 2014
    octatonic said:
    57Deluxe said:
    ..in the Dog's bed...
    or in the dog.
    Cocker Poodles, Cocker Spaniels and now Cocker Boogies!
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    Probably in the sofa.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    edited March 2014
    Ha ha hope they turn up!

I worked with a guy who had severe OCD (he deined it, but it was obvious he cut the grass in his back garden with scissors!), he would scrub his mountain bike after a simple ride out. His daughter would smear jam all over his flat screen TV!
    My favourite story though, my dad hired a magician for my sister's bday. This magician had rubber eggs that would obviously bounce. So my sister afterwards would bound up to the fridge and hurl eggs onto the kitchen floor. The problem was solved by my dad fixing her baby chair to the front of the fridge. :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    equalsql;178568" said:
    spacecadet said:

Check nose, ears and when the time comes, poo. If all that fails, check teddy bears and toy storage. If all that fails, they could very well be in the parallel dimension that socks, plectrums and spare keys go to.

I swear to God that there's a black-hole somewhere in my house that swallows all my plectrums.. couldn't find a single one on Saturday yet I bought a couple of dozen only back in December....

Yer not alone. Bought a bag load in January, not a one to be found in the house prior to last nights gig. Found one in the car enroute.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    edited March 2014
    /\

I ALWAYS keep one in my wallet...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3692
    edited March 2014
    Got a dep gig once from pulling out a handful of change for coffee and there was a plectrum mixed in with the coins.
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    Two questions
    Have ever tried to buy anything with the plectrum in you change?
    Why do the knobs come off so easily on a quality amp?
    Don't touch that dial.
    Fez;184567" said:
    Two questionsHave ever tried to buy anything with the plectrum in you change?Why do the knobs come off so easily on a quality amp?
    Pippa is strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark! (Sorry, geeky Star Wars quote). Actually the knobs on the Mesa are a lot more secure than my JCM800, they come off if you just breath on them! I'm thinking an amp cover might be a good investment...
  • Are you familiar with the Johnny Cash song where he works in a car factory and steals the parts one by one over the years until he has enough to assemble a full car?

Well, don't be surprised in a few years time when your little one has a full live rig set up in their bedroom and you have no idea where they got the cash to buy it...

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    ...another thought - see the new thread on here... may give a clue!!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I'm sure this is of absolutely no interest to anyone but 8 months later I've found my missing knob. Oh happy day. Yay.

Mrs Fred had picked it up and put it in one of her many, what I call "boxes of random crap". Which in terms of actually ever finding anything is as good as randomly burying it in the garden
  • You have to be amazed by the young mind.... Randall Smith has been designing amps for over 40 years but it takes a young child to do something about them having too many controls....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Friend of mine had all the carpets up in his house, sanded & varnished all the floorboards.
    A week later all his credit cards went missing. Turns out his son had 'posted' them all down the gaps in his floorboards..
    Mind you he possibly should've seen it coming as the same little wonder had previously pulled the viewing card out of the Sky box and put it in the DVD player..
  • The door handle and lock on the front door of our house has been dodgy for ages...intermittently difficult to push down and tricky to unlock sometimes. Anyway, I finally got hold of replacement lock and handles and went to fit them - when I removed the old one there was a cascade of small Lego pieces from various parts of the mechanism. Ah.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    HA! I feel your pain.

I lost my wallet a few years ago. Disappeared completely. So I cancelled my cards and did all that annoying stuff you need to do when that happens. About a month later I saw our two year old take my wife's car keys and fling them down the back of the cupboard under the stairs. Hmm I said to myself, and went to investigate.  Sure enough there was my wallet, along with loads of other stuff that really should haven't been there.

I'm sure you've done it already but toy boxes and their beds are generally where things shouw up in our house. And the dishwasher, bizarrely.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.