SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Not FS now ,I can’t do it - Musicman Luke 3 £1350

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
edited November 2017 in Guitars £
Musicman Luke 3 III in fantastic condition

Zero fret wear , no dings or scratches and plays flawlessly

Complete with original case , documentation and trem arm. 

I picked this up from the lovely @sidthekidlives ;;
last month and immediately got  hooked on the whole Musicman approach.

So much so I went out and bought an Albert Lee HH which I realise is probably the sound I’m after . To my ears the AL is a bit darker and LP like possibly because of the solid rosewood neck and Axis pickups.

The Luke is incredible as you’d know from the reviews , very versatile and has a really useful inbuilt clean boost on the volume control.

Ive nicked sid’s original photos but if you’d like to see any other bits let me know and  I’ll take some photos tomorrow.

In an ideal world I’d keep both but I’ve got an AX8 to pay for :-)

https://i.imgur.com/mlzoa3P.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jlqk9zn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FXgt7c4.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    Very Nice 

Wasn't @hoofhearted looking for one of these ?

yep: 
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/118089/wtb-musicman-luke-iii
  • Thanks @Gizmo but my timing was off - he found one earlier in the week :-)
  • Who would have known that a chance on a Luke II would spawn a love of Musicman guitars @DrCornelius haha 
  • @LKV_Jazzmaster   You are an enabler , that’s what you are !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    Well done Con......I have an Albert HH ......the neck is just the best ever and it can do so many sounds and is so easy to play that you'll surprise yourself ...........what colour did you get ?
  • Unfortunately @Dominic it’s black which is a bit meh but I’ve got its back facing me on the rack and that rosewood neck is bloody beautiful !

• So much so I went out and bought an Albert Lee HH which I realise is probably the sound I’m after . To my ears the AL is a bit darker and LP like possibly because of the solid rosewood neck and Axis pickups.

Want to see pics of that Albert! Where did you get it? (I'm gassing for an Albert HH again after foolishly selling mine a while back) 
  • Cheers  @Gizmo ; hopefully I am sorted!
  • @Majorscale , got it via a Facebook group but interestingly there is a 3xP90 version for sale on EBay right now for £1250. If I didn’t care about staying married I would have that too !
    the 3 P90 model is a strange beast.........
  • Good snag... I never go to Facebook and for my marriage it's just as well! 

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    edited November 2017
    Dominic said:
    the 3 P90 model is a strange beast.........
    Well you’ve met my wife , that’s what I go for !
  • Not a bump , I can’t do it - the necks on these guitars are amazing .  I’m trying to work out what to sell instead to raise the AX8 money.  Anyone fancy a 53 Custom Shop Relic Tele ?
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    Not a bump , I can’t do it - the necks on these guitars are amazing .  I’m trying to work out what to sell instead to raise the AX8 money.  Anyone fancy a 53 Custom Shop Relic Tele ?
    Pics? ;)
  • You know me better than that Nik. It’ll be the one I’ve only had for a few weeks that I bought from the lovely @Dan on here.  I bought it to scratch an itch and then planned to swap it for a Kemper down the line.  I then did my usual and bought a Musicman Albert Lee and an AX8 without any thought for the financial consequences:-)

The Tele is amazing of course but there is something about these Musicman guitars that has me hooked (maybe the inlays are made of crack ?)
  • Laff! You're worse than I am dude ;)
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    You know me better than that Nik. It’ll be the one I’ve only had for a few weeks that I bought from the lovely @Dan on here.  I bought it to scratch an itch and then planned to swap it for a Kemper down the line.  I then did my usual and bought a Musicman Albert Lee and an AX8 without any thought for the financial consequences:-)

The Tele is amazing of course but there is something about these Musicman guitars that has me hooked (maybe the inlays are made of crack ?)
    Ha. Loving your work ;)
    The MM s are very addictive .........the neck spoils you for anything else 
    You can get some good tele sounds from the Albert anyway on the 4th position 
  • Funny enough Dominic that’s exactly what I’ve been doing :-)
  • @LKV_Jazzmaster   You are an enabler , that’s what you are !
    At least your not reminded of my enablement every time you look at the headstock.. oh wait... haha ;)