SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal wanted

JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
Looking for a reasonably priced one of these if anyone has one and is thinking of getting rid
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    have you used before ?
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    No I haven't to be honest. I'm just about to do a couple of Hendrix numbers in a band and thought it may be handy. The review clips I've seen have been patchy but it's hard to tell whether it's the reviewer you're listening to or the pedal. Have you got one?

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Which Hendrix tracks are you doing?

If it was me I'd steer clear of the Digitech unless it was pretty cheap and worth a punt.

Well, we've got Purple Haze, Hey Joe, Red House, Voodoo Child, Wind cries Mary and Little Wing as options so it's quite a range. I've got a Boss PS-5 which gets me near to the solo sound of Purple but I just thought a pedal tailor designed should get me nearer. I've heard mixed reviews but if it was cheap enough it may be worth a go.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    I had one and tbh it didnt stay on my board for too long ... 

its a great concept but didnt really deliver imho .. 
    Ah OK, I'll wait for a cheap one then. Thanks guys
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 619
    Hi, I have one but not sure I wanna sell  (but you know what GAS does haha).... but if you are local in Essex you are welcome to try it out just to see if it fits the bill before you hunt one down & find it is not for you & are back where you started
    Think I only plugged it in once to see it was working. 
    Seem to remember some nice sounds coming out of it but that was latter part last year methinks
    You can add a FSW to it to switch the different patches in and out rather than having to do it by hand

Cheers
    Baz

Thanks for the offer Baz, unfortunately I'm near Swindon!
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Doesn't sound terrible in the clips I've heard, still a vox wah, fuzzface, octavio and univibe will give you more mileage in the useability and variable options. I'm actually selling one of the new mini Dunlop silicon fuzz faces atm if you're interested. Also have a crybaby but it'll need some more felt above the footswitch unless you stomp on it hard - going cheap though.
  • I've had a go on one, I thought it sounded alright for what it was... I was quite pissed at the time though.
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement! If it's cheap enough I'll have to give it a go. I missed one on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for £55 so I'll keep looking