65 Amps Ventura - any owners out there?

What's Hot
Hi

I have a WTB for a Ventura in the classifieds which is shrouded in silence.

Just curious - does anyone around these parts actually own one of these (combo or head, whether looking to sell or not)?

Failing that, anyone previously owned / played one out?

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I liked most of their work, the problem was they never really made it into the UK outside of peach, which limited the exposure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcym said:
    I liked most of their work, the problem was they never really made it into the UK outside of peach, which limited the exposure.

Agree - I'd imagine there aren't many in the UK at all.

Similar situation with Carol Ann now - one store in the country for an entire range of amps, and no promotion as far as I can tell. That seems a bit silly to me.
  • From the depths . . . anyone?
  • Z28Z28 Frets: 40
    I'm in the Netherlands, I used to have a Ventura. I love 65 amps, but I'm not too crazy about the Ventura. Just a bit dull and boring compared to their other offerings IMO. If you really want one though, there is one for sale in the Netherlands at Max Guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Z28 said:
    I'm in the Netherlands, I used to have a Ventura. I love 65 amps, but I'm not too crazy about the Ventura. Just a bit dull and boring compared to their other offerings IMO. If you really want one though, there is one for sale in the Netherlands at Max Guitar. 

Thanks, had seen the return of 65 to Max. Way more than I'd want to pay for a backup / occasional use amp, sadly.
  • Z28Z28 Frets: 40
    Z28 said:

Thanks, had seen the return of 65 to Max. Way more than I'd want to pay for a backup / occasional use amp, sadly.
    Hadn't even seen the price... Their deal on the London (listed as a London Pro) seems really good, however....
  • ^^^ Agreed, and very good price on the Lil Elvis (the Ventura is essentially the same price which, by comparison, is nota good price).

Not over-keen on purchasing a new amp and having it shipped from overseas, to be honest. Makes for a lot of inconvenience, potentially, if I have a problem under warranty now that the UK no longer has a 65 dealer.

Maybe a dealer in the UK will step-up and re-stock 65 in the future.