Passive DI Box for an Electro Acoustic

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    ESBlonde said:

the Behringer is said to be capable of taking a speaker load in tandum with a proper cabinet so you can get the amp sound of novice bass players who don't belive you can replicate the tone with your £10,000 desk, Just beware the PCB tracks are very thin for the alleged rated power handling.
    I would be *very* wary of running bass speaker current through any DI box, even the ones designed for the purpose with guitar amps, like the H&K Red Box - bass speaker current is a lot higher. If you want to derive a DI from a speaker output I would always connect it to the second speaker output if there is one, or a parallel output on the cab - in that case the track thickness doesn't matter since no significant current is being passed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom