Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute?

What's Hot
How slim is the slim taper neck?  Are we talking american standard strat slim.  Or would it be more of a medium/full C strat profile in comparison?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    edited November 2017
    Can’t help you with that... but... if you want a chunkier neck go for the 50’s tribute... the one I picked up recently is fantastic. Nicest playing lp I’ve had for years!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    How slim is the slim taper neck?  Are we talking american standard strat slim.  Or would it be more of a medium/full C strat profile in comparison?
    What I can tell you is it's thinner than a 2016 Les paul studio neck. 

and was the thinnest of the 4 Gibsons I had at the time.
  • poopot said:
    Can’t help you with that... but... if you want a chunkier neck go for the 50’s tribute... the one I picked up recently is fantastic. Nicest playing lp I’ve had for years!
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too.  There was one local going on ebay - it's sold for £420!
  • adamm82 said:
    What I can tell you is it's thinner than a 2016 Les paul studio neck. 

and was the thinnest of the 4 Gibsons I had at the time.
    Sounds like it is what it is - Slim!  No good for me then.  Cheers!
  • @poopot ; - how's the snakehead doing? I see you have some local competition on ebay
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    My 2016 is a nice handful, not as slim as some necks out there.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobe said:
    My 2016 is a nice handful, not as slim as some necks out there.
    Funny how they all differ - I guess that why you should try before you buy eh  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @poopot ; - how's the snakehead doing? I see you have some local competition on ebay
    Just seen that!... closer to the original in looks than mine I guess... won’t be anywhere near as good ;)

im grabbing mine out out Charlie’s tomorrow... may have to do a vid demo and some better pictures... fancy trying it before I go to the effort? :)
  • poopot said:
    @poopot ; - how's the snakehead doing? I see you have some local competition on ebay
    Just seen that!... closer to the original in looks than mine I guess... won’t be anywhere near as good ;)

im grabbing mine out out Charlie’s tomorrow... may have to do a vid demo and some better pictures... fancy trying it before I go to the effort? :)
    Haha! Nah, I really need to get my Baja back up and running first. Definitely be interested in some soundbites though! Got some in reserve in case something special comes up but then it's Xmas so that pot will probably empty rather quickly!
    lovestrat74 said

Haha! Nah, I really need to get my Baja back up and running first. Definitely be interested in some soundbites though! Got some in reserve in case something special comes up but then it's Xmas so that pot will probably empty rather quickly!
    Will keep you posted!!!!