Ibanez Guitars

Hi all.

Although I have always been a fan of Ibanez Guitars I have found myself without one for the last 7-8 years. Looking at the range now (still trying to get my head round the numbering system!) I noticed that the range includes the Premium line which I understand are made in Indonesia.

Just wondered if anyone had an experience of Premium vs Prestige? In particular the JS/Jem ranges.

Many thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    They're very good, the Premiums, and in modern terms the lines are probably blurred between the Premium and Prestige lines. Older Prestige models can be a step above though.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I sold (regretfully) an RG2820 which was a prestige model in I believe 2004/5. Did not appreciate what I had a the time.... might check a few pf the premiums out in the next week or so. Cheers.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I have a JS1000BP looking for a new home! ;)
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3098
    Had a go on the "woody" premium Jem. Pretty decent guitar overall. Wouldn't pay the asking price though, the older Prestige guitars or even the older Japanese guitars are much better still and cost a lot less.
  • Siraxeman - I may have to send you a PM if my Taylor sells!

Stevepage - I was actually interested in this model but have heard that they are/feel overpriced, same with the FP Premium (still really like the look though!). 
  • Japanese prestige on the 2nd hand market. Much better guitars judging by a recent experience
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14760
    What is your budget? If you seek an undeniably premium 'nez type guitar, consider Jaden Rose. (Other UK brands are available.)  
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.