Fender expert needed for appraisals (Derby/Nottingham)

What's Hot
MortlandMortland Frets: 52
edited December 2017 in Guitar
Hi all, 

New to the forum, looking for someone who knows a thing or two about Fenders ranging from 1966 - 2014.

Recently acquired a job lot of 11 guitars from a contact, majority of the serial numbers check out but some of the dates don’t match, looks to be that some of the necks have been changed. There has also been a number of more minor changes such picks up and asthetic  changes. 

Have agreed that the purchase is subject to them being checked as authentic, as such looking for someone who can carry out a full appraisal to verify authenticity, make up of guitar and indicative value. 

Based just off junction 28 M1. If it is something you can help with message me and let me know the cost! 

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    edited December 2017

Welcome to the Fretboard.

Without wishing to appear churlish (and please don't take this the wrong way), but a wee bit more upfront context re. yourself *might* be appreciated - perhaps here.

I'm guessing (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you are acquiring these to flip, hence the query re. specs and value?

The beauty of this place is what people give back, in terms of sharing knowledge, time and more - and at present (as a first impression), it rather looks like you've simply joined to use the collective experience for the forum for fiscal gain (admittedly while offering to pay for that knowledge).

The above may be a misconception, so again, please feel free to correct me.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Not too far for you to take them in to Mark @guitars4you - worth contacting him to see if he’d be willing to help. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not too far for you to take them in to Mark @guitars4you - worth contacting him to see if he’d be willing to help. 
    @richardhomer - good call re. Mark.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    PM - sent - if you are new to the site and not sure your way around, look near the top left corner, were it  has a banner 'New Discussion' - there you'll find your name and an envelope sign - open that - I'll see if I can help - I'm 30/40 mins from M1/A38 jct

• Welcome to the Fretboard.

Without wishing to appear churlish (and please don't take this the wrong way), but a wee bit more upfront context re. yourself *might* be appreciated - perhaps here.

I'm guessing (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you are acquiring these to flip, hence the query re. specs and value?

The beauty of this place is what people give back, in terms of sharing knowledge, time and more - and at present (as a first impression), it rather looks like you've simply joined to use the collective experience for the forum for fiscal gain (admittedly while offering to pay for that knowledge).

The above may be a misconception, so again, please feel free to correct me.

Not taken in the wrong way at all. 

Not a trader which is clearly the question you are asking.

Have a very modest collection of guitars, this opportunity came up to acquire a huge lot. I’m not saying all of the will stay with me (there is 22 guitars in total) but the bulk will stay in my collection. More likely to trade than sell those that don’t stay! 

The main reason for the appraisal, as detailed above, is to check authenticity as my knowledge is not good enough to be comfortable! Obviously a huge number of guitars at a chunky cost. 

The reason for the indicative valuation (i.e rough guide) was so I once again can sleep well knowing I got a good deal!

• @Mortland - sounds like a fantastic opportunity. :)

Once again - welcome! 

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Fender necks not matching fender bodies and specs shocker....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, and by the way, you’ll find that everyone on here loves news of an exciting NGD, so please feel free to share if you go ahead with your purchase! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @HarrySeven Thanks, picked it all up today! I shall post a NGD thread tomorrow with pictures of all 21 of them! Some absolute gem Fenders in there! 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    Mortland said:

Recently acquired a job lot of 11 guitars from a contact, majority of the serial numbers check out but some of the dates don’t match, looks to be that some of the necks have been changed. There has also been a number of more minor changes such picks up and asthetic  changes.
    capo4th said:
    Fender necks not matching fender bodies and specs shocker....
    I hope they didn't come from Doncaster!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• No! They didn’t but may I ask why?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    Mortland said:
    No! They didn’t but may I ask why?
    Have you heard of Music Ground? Run by Rick and Justin Harrison - two crooks who were recently convicted of selling a collection of stolen guitars, many of them old Fenders, and some of which had had the necks and serial numbers swapped in an attempt to disguise them. They're also known for faking vintage instruments and other associated dishonesty. They're based in Doncaster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107289/Posh-music-shop-owners-hob-nobbed-celebrity-clients-convicted-1million-stolen-guitar-plot.html

http://www.davidjpym.com/page459.html

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the quick response, I’ll remember to stay away from Doncaster! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mortland said:
    Thanks for the quick response, I’ll remember to stay away from Doncaster! 
    That's probably good advice, even if you're not looking at guitars or Marshalls. :)

R.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Looking forward to seeing those guitars though...