Safest ways to sell a guitar to someone and posting it.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Surprised Reverb.com hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. Aside from the protection that Reverb offers there's a huge customer service team, that are available almost 24/7 (US and EU working hours) and they're super super good at helping resolve issues when they come up. And there's lots of advice on safest way to pack a guitar etc.

(full disclosure: Reverb Employee! Yep we do have people in the UK!)
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Surprised Reverb.com hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. Aside from the protection that Reverb offers there's a huge customer service team, that are available almost 24/7 (US and EU working hours) and they're super super good at helping resolve issues when they come up. And there's lots of advice on safest way to pack a guitar etc.

(full disclosure: Reverb Employee! Yep we do have people in the UK!)
    Maybe you might consider putting reverb somewhere in your username like @iain.reverb so people can tag you if they need assistance?
  • I have used Reverb twice - who are cheaper than eBay. And I have used eBay and Gumtree. I had no success with Reverb but still have a listing on there at present.

I have insisted on using PayPal as there is some security for you. However, when it comes to delivery costs for the guitar, the postal charges for are incredible. At present I have a listing that includes £110 for delivery and insurance with Royal Mail based on their calculation. I found that many couriers simply will not insure guitars and it is a risk not worth taking.

I have had someone collect in person and that was fine. He brought the cash with hm. However it is not easy to get a deal like that.

• mortmort Frets: 720
    I didn't think Royal Mail covered guitars for more than £150 ?