Posting guitars...a revelation!

What's Hot
LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
edited December 2017 in Guitar
I recently sold a dreadnought with a hard case. I have a pile of guitar boxes in my spare room for just such a reason but none of them apparently big enough. The hunt for a box started. I had a sudden brain wave and a quick bit if Google-fu later and I was off to my local parcel handling shop,  https://www.mbe.co.uk/newcastle

Not only do I not have to worry about packaging the guitar, but they handle everything. They are building a box specifically for the case, packing the guitar inside the case and then outside. Insuring the guitar, and delivering it by Tuesday.

£35 all in! 

Anyone in the Newcastle area should think about using them. Very nice bloke and clearly cares about what he does. I don't think I need to keep quite as many boxes around. It may be a touch more than a standard courier but he's the one doing the packing so it completely avoids the "you didn't pack it well enough" denied insurance claim argument.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That's a great service, dead handy especially if it's something valuable 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought so. So much less to worry about!

• Update: 

That was Saturday. The buyer in London has just confirmed it's arrived, pristine and was insanely well packed. Consider my future shipping needs solved!

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2038
    Did they give you a receipt? I never use drop off shops because they won't give me a receipt!
  • Schnozz said:
    Did they give you a receipt? I never use drop off shops because they won't give me a receipt!
    Yep, all present and correct. 

• I recently sold a dreadnought with a hard case. I have a pile of guitar boxes in my spare room for just such a reason but none of them apparently big enough. The hunt for a box started. I had a sudden brain wave and a quick bit if Google-fu later and I was off to my local parcel handling shop,  https://www.mbe.co.uk/newcastle

Not only do I not have to worry about packaging the guitar, but they handle everything. They are building a box specifically for the case, packing the guitar inside the case and then outside. Insuring the guitar, and delivering it by Tuesday.

£35 all in! 

Anyone in the Newcastle area should think about using them. Very nice bloke and clearly cares about what he does. I don't think I need to keep quite as many boxes around. It may be a touch more than a standard courier but he's the one doing the packing so it completely avoids the "you didn't pack it well enough" denied insurance claim argument.
    I’ve walked past that place a hundred times and not realised what they did ,great find !
  • I recently sold a dreadnought with a hard case. I have a pile of guitar boxes in my spare room for just such a reason but none of them apparently big enough. The hunt for a box started. I had a sudden brain wave and a quick bit if Google-fu later and I was off to my local parcel handling shop,  https://www.mbe.co.uk/newcastle

£35 all in! 

I’ve walked past that place a hundred times and not realised what they did ,great find !
    Apparently he has a regular who sends 2 or 3 guitars a week, so that made me feel more confident. He knew exactly how to pack a guitar to protect frets etc. 

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    My local MBE is run by a lazy chap and a few months ago I wanted to send a neck to Spain and I wanted to use UPS which I saw on their website was possible and I knew the cost. I went in and asked for UPS and he said that the only way was through Parcelfarce. He didn’t look up from his phone the entire time. Tossed some forms my way and was incredibly unhelpful. I begrudgingly sent it though PF and the receipt that could apparently only be emailed of course never arrived. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom