Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your FX Purchase Of The Year!

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4055
    Three to choose from this year
    Boss PS-2 power stack
    Catalinbread Belle Epoch
    Catalinbread Echorec

The two delays are joint number one. 
    Super happy with both of them.
    But if I had to shoot one it would be the BE but only because I could use another echo to do something similar to it.
    Whereas nothing sounds quite like the Echorec and I love having that on tap in a gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    Unpopular this, but I had the Axe FX in March and despite the initial outlay for that (third-hand and a lot cheaper than new), it’s been a wonderfully cheap year, FX-wise. I want for nothing now! 
    Popular with me. The only pedal related stuff I’ve bought in years was and MFC101 and a Mission treadle to replace a Behringer FCB1010.
    :-) the MFC was my second favourite purchase of the year!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Another looser saying helix - 
    Despite the overall cost, it will end up saving me money due to almost killing pedal GAS completely!

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5304
    Echo park dual harmonic boost     bloody marvellous thing

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 341
    My bargain of the year is the Whammy 5 I had off @GavRichList who sold it at a bargain price as potentially dodgy but it hasn't put a foot wrong since it landed in my hands. I'm still genuinely grateful to Gav for that.

My "eye opener" is the Line 6 M5. It's just so good for the ridiculously low price and it's opened my eyes to effect types that I'd given up on. Especially delay...I'm really loving getting back in to a broader range of effects and it's all down to the M5. Can't recommend it enough!
  • Slimbert said:
    My bargain of the year is the Whammy 5 I had off @GavRichList who sold it at a bargain price as potentially dodgy but it hasn't put a foot wrong since it landed in my hands. I'm still genuinely grateful to Gav for that.

My "eye opener" is the Line 6 M5. It's just so good for the ridiculously low price and it's opened my eyes to effect types that I'd given up on. Especially delay...I'm really loving getting back in to a broader range of effects and it's all down to the M5. Can't recommend it enough!
    Yeah, I retrospectively realised that in all likelihood I was just flying too close to the maximum power pull on my two cioks. I couldn’t be certain though, so was happy to do the deal - this place has been kind enough to me, so swings and roundabouts. Glad it’s behaved. 
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    Not sure it counts as its a bit of jack of all trades - Boss MS3. 
  • Boss OD-1, Neunaber WET & Big Box DMM
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3112
    edited December 2017
    I've only bought two pedals this year; a Boss Blues Driver, which does a great job overdriving a clean JCM 800 and a dirt cheap Danelectro Black Liquorish octave distortion, which is very silly but tons of fun.

Cant decide what I like best though, the bd2 is useful but the Dano is more funnerer.

Daddy or chips, daddy or chips?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2346
    edited December 2017

I think I bought it in early 2017 (just crept into this year) - Source Audio  Nemesis.

Controversially, bought a Helix and solid it because I much preferred my own pedals and found the Boss Katana was more fun to use (which is just my 'cheap solid state amp' but is actually very very good!). 

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Sold my Helix and purchased my AX8. Superb piece of kit, fully cured my GAS so no need for any more pedals now :)
  • freqout, trio in a box are my only purchases this year. I've used them both equally so far, but that's probably because they are new toys. I envisage getting more use out of the latter in future, but for now they are both joint first place.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1284

Another AX8 happy camper here.

Has absolutely changed my opinion of modelling, for me Helix came very close - but the AX nails it.

I've kept a Tubescreamer, King of Tone and Klon KTR in the cupboard - out of nostalgia really (and I only use the KoT occasionally) - everything else is sold and GAS is only for guitars now

• El Capistan, Has almost managed to stop me lusting after real tape echoes. Hudson broadcast great by itself low gain/and high gain on footswitch. Epic with any fuzz in front of it
  • A second Mad Professor Bluebird OD/Delay...great pedal that is used all the time
  • I bought two pedals this year, and they were both the same. So, by default, Line 6 M5.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I have bought very little this year but the two absolute winners are...

the Fredric Effects bluesbreaker / PoT overdrive, never had a bluesbreaker style OD before and I love it. 

Anadime Providence chorus ADC-4  -  my chorus search is over!
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    After all the to-ing and fro-ing I've done with delay pedals the last couple of years, my FX purchase of the year was something I never thought I'd see in a thread like this, but the EHX Memory Man w/ Hazarai wins it.

Got it for super cheap (£90 and that is stunning value). Can do delay, reverb, flange, filter, stutter, reverse delay, looper, and saving presets is an absolute piece of piss. Only slight drawbacks are that it takes up a bit of pedal board room and you can't engage presets with a footswitch but with all this for so little money, who cares? I've had this now for nearly six months, which I think is the longest time I've ever owned a delay!

Really tempted by the EHX Canyons which many folks say is the Hazarai in a smaller enclosure...
  • Mr Black Supermoon (Original not chrome) into Fender Champ
    If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

• RolandRoland Frets: 8812
    peteri said:

I've kept a Tubescreamer, King of Tone and Klon KTR in the cupboard - out of nostalgia really (and I only use the KoT occasionally) - everything else is sold and GAS is only for guitars now

I’ve kept a TS-9 and cry-baby for reference.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.