Gibson QC: My bass players other band

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Well if a jack socket working loose is any indication of quality, all my regular gigging guitars must be complete pieces of s**t.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    impmann said:

Agreed - if it was a "QC" problem (QC stands for Quality Control) it would have been loose/falling out on the line. It wasn't - its come loose and fallen off since he's bought it so its got nothing to do with QC or having a pop at Gibson's supposed lack of it (yet again). 
    Exactly.

Well if a jack socket working loose is any indication of quality, all my regular gigging guitars must be complete pieces of s**t.
    *All* guitars are pretty much shit by that definition. It baffles me why companies can't do something so simple right. Decent quality jack, shakeproof washer, drop of threadlock, do it up tight and it will not come loose.

I've repaired dozens of cheap Strat copies for schools - on every one, regardless of what other faults there might be, the jack socket has come loose. So I fit a Switchcraft jack, shakeproof washer, superglue the nut (I don't even bother with proper threadlock for this, I want it to not come off) and do it up with a ratchet handle. Not one has ever come back with a loose jack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    A car has loads of moving parts. Far more prone to failure. It’s not hard to make flawless fixed bridge guitars. It isn’t. One of the things I’ve really noticed it’s now the cheaper brands have upped their game. My nephews ESP LTD is incredible.  To be fair my 2017 Les Paul is great, but I might redo the jack now @ICBM has pointed out the fix.