Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone know much about Tokai Love Rocks or other MIJ Les paul alikes on here???

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Most of the Japanese Tokais have flattish necks and PAF like pickups, they are supposed to be be very 'vintagy'.  The ESP Eclipse  is a great call, they come with either EMG's or SD JB/Jazz combo, slim necks, big frets, I love mine.  Ilove my Tokai too, it's just different
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    edited December 2017

I am surprised that @HarrySeven has not contributed to this discussion. He has/had a nice, old Yamaha "Les Paul" type guitar. Perhaps, he has already traded it?

Nope - still got it (and am keeping it) - sorry! :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FJN make some very nice Les Paul style guitars...

I'd never even heard of those.
    FJN is the in-house brand of Fujigen, which I am sure you have heard of. They have made OEM guitars since the early 60's, including most Ibanez Prestige models, Fender Japan models until 1997, and so on.  Selling guitars with their own branding seems to have been quite a recent development.
  • I have one of those 59' relic Love rocks from 2000 or so and it is an incredible axe. Have a pair of burstbuckers in it and it honestly is one of the best Les Pauls Ive played. (The standout was a Gil Yaron though - unbelievably good!).
    Im on the hunt for another MIJ LP at the minute.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2038
    sweepy said:
    For the price of a Jap Tokai, why not get a Gibson LP Tribute or Studio ?
    Because for some the build quality of the instrument is more important than the name on the headstock?
    Exactly - Japanese Luthiers have been measuring up early Les Pauls since the 70s

If you don't want to lose money on one, buy 2nd hand

Gibsons 'blooming' more is just nonsense

I played a Tokai TST50 and it whipped my Fender AVRI '57 (at half the price as well)

Don't let snobbery get the better of you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom