1995 Fender MIJ Thinline Tele ..... any knowledge...?

pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
edited December 2017 in Guitar
Theres a 95 mij thinline  tele for local to me and I'm getting kind of tempted .its a 72 with the wide range humbuckers ... ash body ,maple board . 
Anyone out there with any experience of these ..... any info would be appreciated . Oh yes and what's a reasonable price .
Thanks folks . 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14767
    tFB Trader
    no bad comments can be thrown at them - if all is okay - pots clean - frets clean - all original etc then anything from £400 to £500 will be good on a private sale - probably more in a store -   If you like it then no reason not to go for it
  • Always good guitars usually but tend to have cheap electrics and pants pickups.
    Usually after a pickup swap,  I personally prefer them over their modern day USA standard counter part
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    I had one for a few years. I loved it. Played great sounded great. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14760
    edited December 2017
    pants pickups.
    ^
    This. 

Budget for an upgrade. 

If you are not anally retentive about historic Fender Wide Range pickup specifications, there are plenty of replacement and rewinding options available that would retain the look whilst allowing you free choice of how your Thinline will sound.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
    Thanks for the info ... it's all helpful .