Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The most nerve wracking gig you have done?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• slackerslacker Frets: 2279
    edited December 2017
    First one was bad I thought my heart would stop.

I played in a prison that was bad. 

I played a charity carol concert in a football stadium
     That was bad. 

I played the Leicester jam that was a bad one for nerves. 

Worst was being misbooked playing noise rock to pensioners. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Update... did the gig at the Indigo o2 last night supporting The Dualers... I wasn't anywhere near as nervous as I thought I'd be... once we'd soundchecked I just couldn't wait to get going... but the whole experience was fantastic and a real insight into how bands are treated when you step up a level venue wise. We were looked after from the minute we got there to the moment we left...fed..watered ( fridge full of beer ) and even had our own dressing room..!! we did 40 minutes and it was over in a flash. Our drummer pulled up at the wrong stage door and was trying to set up in the main o2 arena which he will never live down..lol
    As I said..nerves didn't really play a major part because we had rehearsed so much it was more difficult to get it wrong than get it right.
    Anyway... I had a top night :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitar said:
    Update... did the gig at the Indigo o2 last night supporting The Dualers... I wasn't anywhere near as nervous as I thought I'd be... once we'd soundchecked I just couldn't wait to get going... but the whole experience was fantastic and a real insight into how bands are treated when you step up a level venue wise. We were looked after from the minute we got there to the moment we left...fed..watered ( fridge full of beer ) and even had our own dressing room..!! we did 40 minutes and it was over in a flash. Our drummer pulled up at the wrong stage door and was trying to set up in the main o2 arena which he will never live down..lol
    As I said..nerves didn't really play a major part because we had rehearsed so much it was more difficult to get it wrong than get it right.
    Ooh, I’d missed the original post. The Dualers are excellent, glad it went well. Just looking at their tour dates and almost everything is sold out, including last night. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitar said:
    Update... did the gig at the Indigo o2 last night supporting The Dualers... I wasn't anywhere near as nervous as I thought I'd be... once we'd soundchecked I just couldn't wait to get going... but the whole experience was fantastic and a real insight into how bands are treated when you step up a level venue wise. We were looked after from the minute we got there to the moment we left...fed..watered ( fridge full of beer ) and even had our own dressing room..!! we did 40 minutes and it was over in a flash. Our drummer pulled up at the wrong stage door and was trying to set up in the main o2 arena which he will never live down..lol
    Ooh, I’d missed the original post. The Dualers are excellent, glad it went well. Just looking at their tour dates and almost everything is sold out, including last night. 
    Cheers Eric....was a great night... I'm trying to find out how to post a video from facebook.
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10541
    edited December 2017

skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:
    Anyway... I had a top night
    Cheers Eric....was a great night... I'm trying to find out how to post a video from facebook.
    Play the video in Facebook and right click on it to show the URL  .... then copy the URL into a browser window and change the www part of it to m                   ... this will show the mobile version ........ now play the video, right click and choose "save video as" ............ now you can do what you want with the video
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10541
    edited December 2017
    Posted in wrong place :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    EricTheWeary said:
    .... Just looking at their tour dates and almost everything is sold out, including last night. 
    Would you really want to buy a ticket for last night’s gig? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Toss up between:

1. Functions gig at a private school charity event. Our regular singer couldn’t make it so we had a dep who decided - on the night - that she didn’t want to sing half the songs so I had to. We went down like a sack of shite. Added to which my bro (who played bass) was booked to do a stand up set. Which he did on the main stage in the break between sets. Awful idea. Very sweary and they weren’t the crowd for it. V funny in retrospect but not a great night to live through..

2. Gig in a wood for some hells angels. Gennie didn’t work so we went back to the house. Think I was about 15. Our singer refused and went home so we did an instrumental set. They were quite forgiving. All things considered. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hopefully this will show a video of our indigo o2 support slot ( only one song )

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1702
    Played a festival at Chatham Dockyard once. While we were sound checking, the next band started loading in and it included the man who taught me between the ages 11 and 16 - he taught me how to play basically. Hadn't seen him for 20 years.

I've played far bigger crowds before, but being watched by that bloke had me shaking in my boots!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    Nerves are proportionate to the number of people I know in the audience ....  Always nervous to a degree.

Stressful - we played a gig where we had 2 sets and a disco interlude. Drummer announce just popping out to pick up my sons (news to us, and we had an hour gap between sets and said sons were 45mins each way away.  Stressful enough, but 10 mins after he left a pissed up twonk pours a pint of beer into the disco amp ... bang ... smoke ... silence - so now were being asked to start playing again with no drummer ....  we decided not to ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • skaguitar said:
    Hopefully this will show a video of our indigo o2 support slot ( only one song )

Really nice version, we tried it to not much response but ours was more like the Specials version and theirs wasn't great to start with. Lovely groove and a lesson in arrangements -  despite the number of musicians on stage everything is clear. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Hells angels type biker club birthday, in a cow shed we played til our fingers bled... under threat of being tied naked to the side of the stage ( as the unfortunate birthday boy was !) ... yes really... at the end we couldnt see our leads or pedals .... covered in dirt and crap and dust , and we left early morning sometime . Crazy scary ... we never answered the phone to them again! Nerve racking ? Yup 
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    skaguitar said:
    Hopefully this will show a video of our indigo o2 support slot ( only one song )

Brilliant, @skaguitar ; well done.  I think we can guess which one you are :)
  • skaguitar said:

Really nice version, we tried it to not much response but ours was more like the Specials version and theirs wasn't great to start with. Lovely groove and a lesson in arrangements -  despite the number of musicians on stage everything is clear. 

Cheers Eric..we try to keep a bit more faithful to the originals if we can rather than the 2tone era covers of these songs...a real bonus for us was that Monty Neysmith who wrote this song and was keyboard player for Symarip who's original song it was commented on the live feed saying he loved our version...we were pleased with that endorsement to say the least..!

aord43 said:
    skaguitar said:

Brilliant, @skaguitar ; well done.  I think we can guess which one you are :)
    cheers...we had a blast doing this gig.. :)