Help me spend some money

CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
I sold my Lowden at the beginning of the year to fund a new electric but it just never happened. I didn't really miss playing so I decided to have a break for a bit. I haven't owned a guitar for about a year now. 

Now I'm starting to miss playing again so considering getting something. 

Before my Lowden I owned a 1960 CS Strat and an R8. Before those I had a LP Custom. 

The criteria are:

Left handed
Max spend 1500 but I'd prefer to keep as close to 1000 as possible 
Not a Strat / Tele or SC LP
Preferably humbuckers

From my initial trawl of the internet some of Gibson's 2018 models look quite tempting. 

I really like like the looks / specs of the new LP Special DC / SG Std and the Reverse Firebird. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/gibson-usa-2018-les-paul-special-double-cut-2018-in-tv-yellow-left-handed-lpsdh18ltvnh1

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/SG-Standard-2018.aspx#SGS18HCCH1

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/Firebird-2018.aspx

I tried a 2017 SG Std and hated it, but it just wasn't a good example. I like SG's. 

I've always loved the look of DC LPs. I've never seen them offered as a LH option before. 

I love Firebirds, but I've never played one. I know they are a marmite guitar in looks and feel. When I've posted about them before people have said don't have one as your only guitar. 

My favourite tone that I've had out of the gear I previously owned was my LP Custom through my old JCM900. Gold Against the Soul era James Dean Bradfield ish. 

I'm open to buying 2nd hand, but the left handed 2nd hand market is tiny. 

Anything else you can think of? Advice? Suggestions?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2990
    tFB Trader
    335?
    FWIW I love Firebirds, had three, building another. Getting to play a leftie one would be tricky I guess, they do have their own thing going on feel and sound-wise. The minihums are brighter and less thick sounding than fullsize buckers.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I'm with @Corvus on this, if you don't want a Tele/Strat then a 335 would be in the same "one guitar that could cover all styles" ballpark. 

Though trying to find a left handed 335 for under £1500 might be tricky but if you've been without a guitar for nearly a year I'm sure you can be a little patient and see what you can snag :)

Good luck!
  • 335 - deffo!

You can do a huge amount of things with one.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Musicman Albert Lee with rosewood neck.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Feet King do some interesting guitars and have a load of lefty options as far as I'm aware. Some nice semi hollows.

https://fret-king.com/

Good bang for your buck until you resell. 
  • PRS?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    I should have added semi's to the list of no no's. I definitely want a solid body electric.

The KC Jag is something I looked at a while ago, that I actually forgot about. I'll keep that in mind and do a bit of research. 

Musicman I know nothing about. I'll have a look at the Albert Lee model. 

Fret King I also don't know so will have a look. 

PRS I'm not sure. I played one for the first time a little while ago when a mate got an SE. The neck was lovely and the finish was pretty good. I will have a look and see what is available left hand wise, and if anything floats my boat. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    I checked out the Fret Kings. I can't get over the headstock unfortunately for the Fender style guitars. The non standard shapes are a bit too out there for me. 

The Musicman Albert Lee is way over my budget, and it's pretty darn ugly (no offence intended if you own one, just not my cup of tea).