Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    Can only see one pic but it looks like a faded LP Special. I used to have one. That price is about right 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • humbuckohumbucko Frets: 179
    It's got a stoptail bridge, nicer pickguard, orange pickup selector knob, neck binding, and what looks like a pearloid 'Gibson' logo - you don't get those on the faded LP specials from what I can tell:

Yep, you're not wrong about the bridge. I can't tell much else from looking at that pic on my phone.

I had the custom shop version too very briefly  (and hated it) and the finish looked nothing like what I can see on that ebay listing.

But yes, the bridge isn't right for a faded. 

I've replaced the pickguard on my faded cherry special to one of these 3-ply jobs so not sure that tells us much. 

• EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 644
    The bridge and the case point towards it being custom shop. Hell of a bargain if it is!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • humbuckohumbucko Frets: 179
    Interested in why you hated the Custom Shop version?
    edited December 2017
    I loathed the vile mustard finish and found the whole thing just too shiny and well-upholstered for a guitar I think should be the ultimate stripped-down rock machine.

I offloaded it and bought a beaten-up faded TV yellow version for a third of the price which I vastly preferred and sounded glorious with Lollar P90s in it. 

Ultimately the neck on that was too big for my liking (unlike the cherry which oddly has a totally different profile), so I sold it. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1339
    Looks custom shop to me, except that the binding seems slightly thicker than what you'd expect for a CS model.  Might just be the picture, though.