Korg Miku - did anyone buy one?!

What's Hot
Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2348
Just curious. I saw a demo with fuzz and it sounds class
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Just a gimmick as far as I'm concerned,  but, then i have no use for one. What would you use it for?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72922
    I did.

I found it too limited in the range of sounds it could do - most of the settings sounded very similar - and the amount of control it had - the effect was either louder or quieter than the bypass, I can’t remember which, and it has no volume control. The switching is also stupid - relay-operated true bypass, but defaults to on not off with loss of power, so isn’t fail-safe.

I bought it in a one-day clearance sale so I was able to resell it for the same amount. I don’t miss it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I’ve tried one and thought it was pointless. Unlike the Catalinbread Antichthon which makes stupid noises but mixed with fuzz and tremolo, so usable 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    If I wanted something that made stupid noises I'd get the Way Huge Ring Worm. It's got a lot more variation to it than the Miku.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10761
    If I wanted something that made stupid noises I wouldn’t use any fx at all. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7904

I bought one before they sold a load off cheap :( and still have it - I run it through a blend pedal to overcome the volume issue and to hide a little of the lag.

I like it, which may say more about me than it does about the pedal. Mixed with other pedals it adds something different and sometimes unexpectedly nice.

I do want things that make stupid + funny noises.

;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    I thought about it just for the lol factor, and so I could have something thats not always in production.. 

Then I saw it was £140 for preorder... 
    Nope. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    I thought about it just for the lol factor, and so I could have something thats not always in production.. 

Then I saw it was £140 for preorder... 
    Nope. 

Even I'd struggle to justify one at that price.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

. . . but luckily I don't have to :)

If ever there was a reason to buy a Miku then this might be it ;)

http://www.arrowheadguitars.co.uk/pics/manymikus.mp3

• Anyone heard Mika Tyyska's song "Miku"?  It's pretty amazing with a melody played with the Miku. 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I got one for £50 last time around, and that was too much. If it had a blend I could have found a use for it, but the tracking was diabolical.