Midi switchers

hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
Ok I'm new to midi so finding it a bit daunting. I now gave a Strymon timeline and a möbius. What I would like is to have a switcher to save a preset like a modulation and a certain delay that can be called up when needed. What midi switcher would this?

So far my understanding is the on lesser priced switchers they will just go to each preset on the möbius say in a linear fashion. It won't turn on any wanted delays on the timeline to be played with that modulation preset ?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes, some pedals are only meant to facilitate scrolling presets/banks on the devices. If you want install recall of specific presets on the devices, what you need is a MIDI switcher that has programmable presets and is able to send multiple MIDI PC's (Program Changes) when switching presets. If you don't need pedal loop switching, one quality option may be the Disaster Area DMC-6D. Or even the DPC-4X, which has loops and sells for 250 EUR, and can also send PC's to 3 MIDI devices. I'm mentioning Disaster Area because their product line is focused on this kind of stuff, and very integrated with the Strymon big pedals.

:

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Yeah I've been looking at disaster area funny enough and think it could be the way to go too. The DMC-6D I agree is great now it has an LED display. I thought you CAN control the looper with it?

I did look at the DMC-3XL gen2/DMC-4 gen2 which are also great but can't save presets but can bank up and down for you. Which is fine for me too as the strymons are close to it and I can use the A and B switcher etc. Again with an LED which is a must for me :)

I guess the ultimate switcher would be the gigrig's G2 which would be total overkill for my usage :)
    BadlyDrawnBoy;183600" said:
    Yes, some pedals are only meant to facilitate scrolling presets/banks on the devices. If you want install recall of specific presets on the devices, what you need is a MIDI switcher that has programmable presets and is able to send multiple MIDI PC's (Program Changes) when switching presets. If you don't need pedal loop switching, one quality option may be the Disaster Area DMC-6D. Or even the DPC-4X, which has loops and sells for 250 EUR, and can also send PC's to 3 MIDI devices. I'm mentioning Disaster Area because their product line is focused on this kind of stuff, and very integrated with the Strymon big pedals.

:
  • I use a DMC-4 Gen2 together with a MusicomLab MKIII switcher. I find it a very convenient combination. Even with a G2 I don't think you get the convenience of direct bank scrolling on the Strymons (not to mention TL looper access). The DMC-6D also has looper mode for the TL. Mind that Musicom will be launching in April three new models, two "light" ones and the MKIV, maybe one of those light ones can be of interest for you.

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    edited March 2014
    Great I'll shall certainly look out for them then. Thanks for the lead. 

How did you find out about the new MusicomLab products BadleyDrawnBoy. They don't seem to even have a website?
    BadlyDrawnBoy;183660" said:
    I use a DMC-4 Gen2 together with a MusicomLab MKIII switcher. I find it a very convenient combination. Even with a G2 I don't think you get the convenience of direct bank scrolling on the Strymons (not to mention TL looper access). The DMC-6D also has looper mode for the TL. Mind that Musicom will be launching in April three new models, two "light" ones and the MKIV, maybe one of those light ones can be of interest for you.
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    BadlyDrawnBoy;183660" said:
    I use a DMC-4 Gen2 together with a MusicomLab MKIII switcher. I find it a very convenient combination. Even with a G2 I don't think you get the convenience of direct bank scrolling on the Strymons (not to mention TL looper access). The DMC-6D also has looper mode for the TL. Mind that Musicom will be launching in April three new models, two "light" ones and the MKIV, maybe one of those light ones can be of interest for you.
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I've been looking into buying a musicom switcher and liked the functionality of the dmc-4 for the timelines looper and bank scrolling function but didn't think they could be used together. How would you go about setting them up? Would you say it was a worthwhile investment?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga