Desktop pedalboard?

What's Hot
mistercharliemistercharlie Frets: 333
Does anyone have a pedalboard set up for desktop/tabletop use? I don’t play gigs, so the only pedals I need to hit with my feet are a looper, and an expression pedal. Having the rest of the pedals on a heavy Pedaltrain seems clunky, and I don’t like bending over to twiddle my knobs.

i wondered how you folks use pedals in the studio/at home? I don’t want to just stick them on a table, as that’s messy, and not very portable. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just have a power supply on the floor and assemble the necessary pedals as and when.  I only tend to put out what I need and put the rest in a drawer to keep it neat.  

I don't need to switch in any hurry though, it's mostly just bass pedals which I use to get a sound and then stick with it typically.

I did consider a board but it seems more hassle than it's worth, it's easy enough to add/remove/reorder with them just on the floor.  Adding a board and using velcro seems an unnecessary step to me for home recording but YMMV
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like to keep everything neat and tidy. I was thinking of swapping to. Plywood tray. Then I thought a pedal drawer might be a good idea. All pedals wired up, but in a drawer I can pull out, and close when I’m done. 
  • Best idea I have seen so far is by @JEPBLEP ;

https://i.imgur.com/tg31cPu.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    What a stunning looking board...........only spoilt by that tatty looking Strat propped up against it..... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    SRich said:
    What a stunning looking board...........only spoilt by that tatty looking Strat propped up against it..... ;)
    Yeah. You'd think he'd be able to afford a nice new one given the price of some of those pedals!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7842

Most of mine are on two music stands so as to be in twiddleable range.

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsnomorepedalsjpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I really like the music stand idea. If I did that, though, I’d have to put my music on my pedalboard. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have my helix on my computer desk
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    SRich said:
    You should see the other one. Even tattier. ;)

But yes, thanks @OnTheRopes for the mention - and to @mistercharlie - I got that made, but any coffee table height surface works for putting it near a swivelling desk chair and saving you from plonking your ass down on the ground for hours on end. The nice thing about this setup is that everything is still attached to the pedaltrain so it's portable enough when need be. Although I do like @Paul_C setup if you're a standing player!

• I’m thinking a projector stand might be the way to go. This one holds 20kg and I like the ridges at the edges. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3407
    Sounds like you should take a look at one of these.....

• Oh god. This might get expensive.
  • I like my existing pedalboard. I like that I can quickly dial things in with the knobs. Anything with menus throws me out of the playing zone and into the tweaking zone. It's just that I don't like it on the floor. I'm quite tall, and it's a long way down. 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    I don't play out either and don't see the need for pedals at my feet (a bad back doesn't help either).

I have a Custom Pedalboards board, but have thought about buying a keyboard / mixer / dj stand or somesuch to raise it to a more tweakable height...

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    In my office, I fitted one of the Thomann Thon studio racks and a couple of sliding drawers and mounted my pedals onto them so they're at a convenient hand height. The pedals are connected to a loop swich and remotely switched by MIDI.