How on earth can they justify this postal charge for posting in UK ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sporky said:
    Though I didn't mean it in a post-lawyering way - I believe I misunderstood ICBM's intent.
    Yeah we both did, but my first reaction was "what about rapid response motorcycle couriers?"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73011
    I mean companies like TNT etc who operate a national courier service and compete directly with Royal Mail. They gain an unfair competitive advantage by not being bound by Royal Mail's requirement to have the same charges anywhere in the UK.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1549
    Surely the problem of cost to deliver an item is one of number of items delivered per vehicle out for delivery. It may well be that the distance/time from Leeds-Inverness and Exeter-Newcastle is pretty much the same. But I would wager that there are a heck of a lot more packages to be delivered in and around Exeter than Inverness. Which means it is cheaper to deliver items quickly in areas of higher population density than out in the Northerly reaches.

• We get ripped off for postage here in NI.  

BTW, I recommend Schumacher Moly Grease for lubing nuts - https://www.modelsport.co.uk/schumacher-moly-grease-pot/rc-car-products/

I heard Michael Caswell talking about it and tried it and it works really well and is only a mere £2.99.    
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29106
    ICBM said:
    I mean companies like TNT etc who operate a national courier service and compete directly with Royal Mail. They gain an unfair competitive advantage by not being bound by Royal Mail's requirement to have the same charges anywhere in the UK.
    I don't disagree, I'm just pointing out that they could easily get around it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."