Digitech Trio plus band creator: good fun or quick to boredom?

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
I've pushed a friend to buy this instead of a common looper as I remembered @Wazmeister ;
approving of it over other drum machine pedal accompaniment. Looking through a few youtube videos I learnt of the other possibilities and might consider buying one for myself, in the very least to use ampless with headphones in the lounge.
Does anyone else approve?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Great little unit.

I haven't spent a massive amount of time using it as a band-in-a-box and I find it a tad fiddly getting the the style of drums right, but it will all come more easily with more practice and it does sound good. I haven't used the fx at all.

It's a decent enough looper in its own right actually. The Infinity I had was better but I sold it because the Trio+ was fine for home use.

• Fantastic for practice! Come up with a chord progression and have an instant backing track, what's not to love. If you're serious about improving your chops I can't recommend this pedal highly enough.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9543
    Superb device - great for creativity 
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    Before I bought my Trio+ I used to lay along with CDs in my music room. Now almost all of my playing is along with the Trio+. It takes a while to work out how t get it to play backing in the style that you’re thinking of, but it’s well worth persevering with imo.

im not sure I would use it as a performance tool, but for jamming and practicing, I find it invaluable.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    +1 Me too.  =)
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    And me. I don't think I've managed to get it to produce a bad backing track yet. Some are boring but functional some are inspired