Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Japan Photos !

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    @Raymondlin I'm currently planning a trip to Japan - similar desires on things to see and do and time scales, I'd really appreciate talking to you to understand what worked / didn't, costings things you'd change etc as this looks almost identical to what I've been mapping out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    darcym said:
    @Raymondlin I'm currently planning a trip to Japan - similar desires on things to see and do and time scales, I'd really appreciate talking to you to understand what worked / didn't, costings things you'd change etc as this looks almost identical to what I've been mapping out.
    Exciting! What do you need to know?
  • Lovely final set @RaymondLin. Glad you got to the Robot Restaurant. We absolutely loved it, in a cheesy neon kind of way. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Lovely final set @RaymondLin. Glad you got to the Robot Restaurant. We absolutely loved it, in a cheesy neon kind of way. 
    It was weird and fun for the first time.  Although I don't think I would go again, it was not cheap, £40 online ticket and there were as much breaks for drinks and popcorn as there was actual content.  I was more intrigued how they got those massive robots into that space which I think is underground, than anything else.
  • Lovely final set @RaymondLin. Glad you got to the Robot Restaurant. We absolutely loved it, in a cheesy neon kind of way. 
    It was weird and fun for the first time.  Although I don't think I would go again, it was not cheap, £40 online ticket and there were as much breaks for drinks and popcorn as there was actual content.  I was more intrigued how they got those massive robots into that space which I think is underground, than anything else.
    Yeah. I'd agree with that. The "restaurant" description is clearly a misnomer as all the food looked terrible! 

As for the robots, I assume they have a workshop onsite and probably some chunky service lifts but do final "assembly" in the backstage area on the same level. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Lovely final set @RaymondLin. Glad you got to the Robot Restaurant. We absolutely loved it, in a cheesy neon kind of way. 
    Yeah. I'd agree with that. The "restaurant" description is clearly a misnomer as all the food looked terrible! 

As for the robots, I assume they have a workshop onsite and probably some chunky service lifts but do final "assembly" in the backstage area on the same level. 

I didn't get any food, apart from the free drink that came with the ticket.  I ate before I headed in so was there for the show really.  The area is also one of the part of Tokyo that is control by the Yakuzas I believe and there were a lot of pimps offering sex to tourists right on the street.  I was "stopped" twice on my way out of the area by blokes, although weirdly, foreigners, asking offering these services.