Zoom MS70CDR - patch advice

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2355
I know some of you guys successfully use this device and I could do with knowing if it is possible to save effects chains as patches, or can only individual effects be saved to the 50 slots?

I picked one up last week and the quality of the effects is staggering for the price. I have a Kenton MIDI USB box on the way and plan to switch patches on the Zoom from my G-Lab GSC2, and the ability to save effects chains as patches is crucial to me requirements. I just can’t work out from the manual or the machine itself how to do this!

Help!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I'm not sure if I fully understand this but do you mean saving 3 different presets that you'd scroll between (it has that function)?

You can save multiple effects but your best bet is to ring Zoom UK. Try Sam there on 01462 791105. I've always found him to be helpful.

As to the unit, I'm glad you like it and I love mine and use it in a basic way i.e. individual fx and a couple of multiple ones but Gassage recently mentioned on here that one of the Gilmour/Pink Floyd tribute bods was using these for his fx!!!

Let us know how you get on
  • Hi. You can make chains and save as presets. For live use you can select your favs. By making them a b c d e f etc and toggling.

It's quite useful to set one as an effect chain. 
    Like A can be particle reverb
    B. Is just blank
    C is an effect (delay for example)
    D blank 

Etc. This makes it easier live

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • In one single chain I have one I use that has reverse delay. Phaser. Reverb etc. It sounds psych and I use it for one song. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Some good patches on youtube for shoegaze etc

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Thanks for the responses guys. 

How do you save an effects chain in one of the 1 - 50 presets @Cookiemonster?
    That’s what I’m trying to achieve.

So, say, preset one will have chorus & reverb, preset two will have reverb & delay and so on. I’ll be using MIDI to USB to switch between the presets I create, but just need to know how to save them in the first instance. 

I’ve sussed out how to edit ONE effect and save it 1 through 50, but don’t know how to save patches containing multiple effects in a similar fashion. 
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited January 2018
    OK just got mine out to tell you.

Go to an empty patch.

Number one 

The buttons around the footswitch are what you need. 

Press the left one of these and hold it down

Select from chorus. Delay.  Rev. Dyn/filter 

I selected delay

Then press the switch button. Use up n down to select a delay.

Then when you have selected press the left hand button next to the footswitch this time select reverb. 

You how have a chain of delay intro reverb.

Prest the right hand switch to see previous one in the chain. Left to move back to the reverb.

Press left again and add a trem or somethin and now you have three in a chain

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited January 2018
    It's in the manual but once you suss it. Then it's pretty easy

• steersteer Frets: 1188
    This guy shows you how to do the basics. The operation of all the multistomp pedlals are similiar,,

• Or...you could plug it into your PC via USB and use this:

https://g200kg.github.io/zoom-ms-utility/

Bonus reddit thread containing a bunch of patches:

https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/comments/6ocqb1/zoom_multistomp_settings_and_discussion_megathread/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow nice post