Strymon Bluesky or Neunaber Wet with Exp controller?

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
edited January 2018 in FX
As per previous posts I'm in the market for a new reverb pedal. I want presets ideally but am tempted by the Strymon Bluesky as it has the favourite switch.

Another alternative is the Neunaber Wet with the EXP controller which, if I understand correctly,  will give me 4 presets.

But, which is better? Will the Neunaber give me more options or are the Strymon reverbs better?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The Bluesky sounds better IMHO. I have a Bluesky and have tried a Wet. That said, the Wet may give you the sounds you want and it's more pedal board friendly.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I go the other way. Had the BlueSky - didn't rate it. It always sounded like a digital pedal to me. The BigSky was a different kettle entirely.

The Wet, which I've also had for years, is closer to the latter for quality of sound, is pretty versatile with the EXP and also capable of being a delay, chorus, shimmer and all that thanks to the free downloads

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I haven't tried the BLUE Sky, but I have a BIG Sky which is great, but also decided to keep my Neunaber Slate (which can be programmed as any of the Expanse Series pedals) and the Exp as well, as it too has some great reverb sounds and much much more besides.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........