Stella by Harmony Parlor Guitar - Does anyone else here have one?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited January 2018
    I've got my eyes on a 12 string Stella by Harmony and I'm in the market for a decent 12 string...
    The only thing stopping me (and it's a big thing) is; I don't love the sound of them/their tone.
    I just have to remind myself what they sound like to stop myself from getting it.
    https://reverb.com/item/9260114-nirvana-1969-harmony-stella-h913-12-string-pro-setup-new-strings-vintage-usa-kay-silvertone

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I must confess, I only wanted the make and model I ordered/am waiting for; because of people playing them on social media.

I even paid for it then post purchase, found out famous musicians worked with these...
    It's kinda cool to know, but me, I like that tone.

So me not liking the 12 String Stella is why it's not my 12 String Buy.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Image result for crumb stoned again

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Spoiler:

Date/Time
    ActivityLocation
    1/22/2018 - Monday
    2:28 pmDeliveredTHORNTON HEATH GB
    7:16 amOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryCRAYFORD GB
    3:56 amAt local FedEx facilityCRAYFORD GB
    1/21/2018 - Sunday
    9:47 pmDeparted FedEx locationSOUTHERN SORT GB
    1/20/2018 - Saturday
    11:40 pmInternational shipment release - ImportSTANSTED GB
    11:40 pmIn transitSTANSTED GB
    Package available for clearance
    1/19/2018 - Friday
    6:22 pmAt destination sort facilitySTANSTED GB
    5:00 amDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
    4:54 amIn transitMEMPHIS, TN
    1/18/2018 - Thursday
    4:30 pmIn transitMEMPHIS, TN
    10:00 amArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
    8:40 amDeparted FedEx locationNEWARK, NJ
    2:28 amDeparted FedEx locationNEWARK, NJ
    12:42 amArrived at FedEx locationNEWARK, NJ
    12:02 amLeft FedEx origin facilityNEW YORK, NY
    1/17/2018 - Wednesday
    4:43 pmPicked upNEW YORK, NY
    1:34 pmShipment information sent to FedEx

Sounds like this:

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308

wow what a sound everyone should have a guitar that sounds like this - lookin forward to hearing u'r chops on this 12er
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4371
    AliGorie said:

wow what a sound everyone should have a guitar that sounds like this - lookin forward to hearing u'r chops on this 12er
    Just goes to show, in the right hands even a cheap guitar can sound.....

.......like a fire in a pet shop....
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    It's like cheap and nasty meets decent, an odd pairing but one I have.
    Looks cool though.

But it's a parlor, therefore; it's very cool to noodle on. This Harmony is great at identifying notes with/noodle on and... I'm writing, but since it's cheap and nasty, I have like 1 riff... 
    This guitar has been teaching me songs today by ear. It's just practising them but this guitar is good at doing that whatever genre.
    Playing my everyday player, after a day of playing on Stella by Harmony, is meaner.
    I mean, it's more aggressive but not beating up the guitar, it's still calm/cool/fun to play but the meaness is there and it's in the notes/the rhythm, after you've been on a Stella, by Harmony for close to 9 hours, 'give or take'  coming back to my everyday was meaner. - I like that.

Bought my self a parlor this week which was a surprise find, and it's a nice guitar, sounds like this...

but with this guitar, I wrote like 10 riffs and playing it/I'm writing on it, it's great..
    Play on that all day, and you're like Buckethead upon your return to your everyday player...

Probably because it's mahogany *citation needed  vs plywood though. But Stella by Harmony guitar makes your guitar playing sound meaner?! - if that's possible, and I don't mean hitting the hell out of your everyday guitar and if your everyday player's a keeper/nice/heaven to play, it's all going to be good, so when I say meaner, I mean meaner in sound and in tone and in how you approach the guitar I guess, what it does for your guitar playing is very cool though.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It's like cheap and nasty meets decent, an odd pairing but one I have.
    Looks cool though.

But it's a parlor, therefore; it's very cool to noodle on. This Harmony is great at identifying notes with/noodle on and... I'm writing, but since it's cheap and nasty, I have like 1 riff... 
    This guitar has been teaching me songs today by ear. It's just practising them but this guitar is good at doing that whatever genre.
    Playing my everyday player, after a day of playing on Stella by Harmony, is meaner.
    I mean, it's more aggressive but not beating up the guitar, it's still calm/cool/fun to play but the meaness is there and it's in the notes/the rhythm, after you've been on a Stella, by Harmony for close to 9 hours, 'give or take'  coming back to my everyday was meaner. - I like that.

Bought my self a parlor this week which was a surprise find, and it's a nice guitar, sounds like this...

but with this guitar, I wrote like 10 riffs and playing it/I'm writing on it, it's great..
    Play on that all day, and you're like Buckethead upon your return to your everyday player...

Probably because it's mahogany *citation needed  vs plywood though. But Stella by Harmony guitar makes your guitar playing sound meaner?! - if that's possible, and I don't mean hitting the hell out of your everyday guitar and if your everyday player's a keeper/nice/heaven to play, it's all going to be good, so when I say meaner, I mean meaner in sound and in tone and in how you approach the guitar I guess, what it does for your guitar playing is very cool though.
    Needs a strap.
     :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    I bought a capo tonight for it... as far as I'm concerned its fixed any issues I had with its high action...

Also, like Slash sold me a Gibson Les Paul, a set of pickups and even an amp, this girl sold me a Stella by Harmony without a truss rod and she even sold me my first capo...

It was this video/sound which made me pick what model/type of Harmony parlor to get.
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom