The Bayeux Tapestry?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73019
    edited January 2018
    boogieman said:

The argument always trotted out about keeping the Elgin Marbles was the huge amount of traffic pollution in Athens. I think it’s much better nowadays, probably on a par with London anyway. Can’t see why we’re hanging onto them tbh. 
    Because at least one of them is holding up part of the roof of the British Museum...

;)

Personally, I think they should be returned, and stopped from being referred to as the ‘Elgin’ Marbles as well. He stole them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12506
    ICBM said:
    boogieman said:
    All this old stuff is good, it ought to be preserved but while it in our country we have to pay for its preservation and security. Unless we can show that inbound tourism generates more income than the cost of the preservation and security, why don't we give stuff back? Or is it that we think the original owners care a lot less about it than we do so this stuff is better off in our hands?
    The argument always trotted out about keeping the Elgin Marbles was the huge amount of traffic pollution in Athens. I think it’s much better nowadays, probably on a par with London anyway. Can’t see why we’re hanging onto them tbh. 
    Because at least one of them is holding up part of the roof of the British Museum...
    Didn’t know that. Couldn’t we just use an RSJ instead?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom