Musicroom - another cancelled order thanks to fanciful bullshit delivery dates.

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
Honestly, why can't these sites be honest about their stock and delivery dates. Same old shit: item shows in stock, order item with expected delivery date given as next day, confirm order. After a few days, item not arrived. Contact them to hear it's a specially order and it might be several weeks. As a result, I'll never buy from these people again and I'll urge anyone else I know to avoild them too. Hopeless.

Why can't they be accurate re stock levels and expected delivery times. I hate Amazon but at least they do the business. No wonder some of these smaller places struggle.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I had the same experience with Anderson before this, although they did, at least, email me to say that the item they'd shown as bein in stock wasn't available for the foreseeable future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's really shooting themselves in the foot. I don't expect a small shop to match Amazon's times for delivery. I want them to simply state that it'll take five days rather than make promises of 1-2 days and then fail outright. 

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    camf said:
    Honestly, why can't these sites be honest about their stock and delivery dates. Same old shit: item shows in stock, order item with expected delivery date given as next day, confirm order. After a few days, item not arrived. Contact them to hear it's a specially order and it might be several weeks. As a result, I'll never buy from these people again and I'll urge anyone else I know to avoild them too. Hopeless.

Why can't they be accurate re stock levels and expected delivery times. I hate Amazon but at least they do the business. No wonder some of these smaller places struggle.
    Musicroom isn't a 'smaller place' it's a part of a publishing empire with a big warehouse in Bury st Edmunds, they are the direct supplier for many smaller high street retailers and all those music books you see in music shops are from the same source. Sloppy communication isn't a new thing though, like many warehouse distributors they pay minimum wages for meniel jobs. many of those on the warehouse floor are musicians filling in between jobs.
    Still sloppy service though and not acceptable today.
    Yeah, both of you are right. Exactly that... decent, honest comms and I'd have been happy to wait a few extra days but this open ended "we've gotyour money and at some non-specific stage in the future we THINK your order might come into stock' bullshit is useless. Still, it looks like I might just go out and buy some hi-fi separates from Richer Sounds instead. All round better option to support the local high street shop anyway. :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Good to know, was on their website looking for a new guitar tab book.  Think I will wait until I can get to their Tottenham Court Road store instead.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30317
    Maybe you should try Gear4Music.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gear4Music killed my dog and set its body on fire. I'm having second thoughts about using them too.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    camf said:
    Gear4Music killed my dog and set its body on fire. I'm having second thoughts about using them too.

I read about that! On the internet. In about 37 places, so it must be true.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Lots of places have end of day not real time stock tracking.

Anyone who has worked in a manufacturing or stock taking capacity will also tell you how prone to error these things are. Not least by being sent boxes of mislabled items that get auto scanned.

I spend too much time sorting this stuff out :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I know it all sounds a bit petty but it had been quite important for work purposes to try and source something quickly. As it turned out, I just went and splurged on some hifi separates instead, which was long overdue anyway. So no harm done, other than a realisation that when you need something at a specific time sometimes you’re better just accepting you need to pay a bit more and shop local. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2595
    tFB Trader
    As an online seller I struggle with stock control, problem is you sell stock through a variety of methods and keeping one system up to date is a full time job just about, it is also the reason allot of people do regular stock checks. If you are buying anything big it is always better to phone ahead to check and get a name, so you can phone back and say to that person "but you said...."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yes. Very good advice. But I suspect we all know the frustration of seeing that email confirmation saying item expected to be delivered tomorrow, only to then watch as ‘tomorrow’ disappears into the ether. It’s the hope that kills ya. 
  • Try Hamcor on eBay, I've found they have always been reliable.  
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Never used Music Room online, but there is a half decent store in Portsmouth with reasonable stock (lots of Hagstrum Guitars and plenty of tutorials books).

I will pop in whenever I have to run the homeless guy gauntlet at the bottom of Commercial Road. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Had the same thing with Gak 2 days ago. 

Ordered the pedal, showed as In stock for next day delivery. 

Get an email at 5:50 saying its not actually in stock and I’ll get another email when their supplier has given them a delivery date. 

Still showed as in stock the next day. 

So I emailed em back and asked if they could give me a date. They did, it will be 5 more days though til it arrives.
    The fella said it will be collected from their supplier, and delivered to me tuesday. Bit unsure how that works, its a Tc electronic product.. 

Bit annoying as the only other place to have it in stock is guitarguitar, which I considered ordering from but went with Gak as they’ve always been quick.. 

Could have had it today had I chose guitarguitar. But nevermind...
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Actually just checked gaks website and its showing as ‘in stock next day delivery’ again... 

Well if it bloody is they can send it out in the morning for monday delivery... 

gah. If I havent had a dispatch email by midday tuesday I’ll bell em. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...