NGD x2, NHD, NSD, NDD, NCD....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    It's going to be such a comedown tomorrow when new gear stops arriving....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    Well you could just sit and gaze up at John Mayer..........while having a strum, on the new guitars.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Well you could just sit and gaze up at John Mayer..........while having a strum, on the new guitars.
    I’m going to have to find a new place for that, not sure I can focus with John gazing down at me :lol: 

• @Bristol86 ; I'm trying to understand these new fangled multi-fx systems; will you be playing the Helix through the amp or into the laptop + monitors (with or without an interface)?

@Bristol86 ; I'm trying to understand these new fangled multi-fx systems; will you be playing the Helix through the amp or into the laptop + monitors (with or without an interface)?

You and me both mate! 

When I finally get a chance to plug the Helix in(!) it’ll be plugged straight into the monitor speakers - so the laptop won’t need to be on in order for me to use it. 

If you want to record then it’s just a case of USB to the laptop I believe. 
  • wowsers duly awarded :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1760
    Is the yellow coaster ever so slightly thicker than the purple one?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DannyP said:
    Is the yellow coaster ever so slightly thicker than the purple one?
    Brilliant :lol: 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    Love the strat, even though it has the wrong fretboard, great colour.  I may have to get one of those coasters.  My desk has one a colleague got me from nashville but its a little shabby:

https://i.imgur.com/qdwllrC.jpg
    Ha ha I have had two maple neck guitars before so it’s nice to have a change :)
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Great looking Strat :)  And cool you had a good time in PMT, the Bristol lot seem a nice bunch, happy to help and not get in your face.

Except the old bald bloke who stares at you angrily, next time he does it we're having words.
    clarkefan said:
    Great looking Strat :)  And cool you had a good time in PMT, the Bristol lot seem a nice bunch, happy to help and not get in your face.

Except the old bald bloke who stares at you angrily, next time he does it we're having words.
    They were very helpful and suggested all through the couple of hours that I was in there that they'd sort me out a decent deal, and in the end took about £30 off of £2500 because they 'didn't have the margin' 

So I wasn't hugely impressed, that after refusing to price match Peach because it wasn't in stock...I was tempted to walk away, and probably should have - sure i'd have gotten a much better deal elsewhere - but I had spent a couple of hours there and actually received helpful advice  and attentive service (and found a guitar I loved) so I didn't want to be a dick about it.

They then said they'd have the Helix sent down from Nottingham overnight and it'd be in the next day to pick it up - surprise surprise it wasn't, they'd completely forgot to arrange it by all accounts, so I ended up with that 3 days later than promised...

Then the following day my brother bought something for his drum kit in there that was damaged (only the display one in stock) and I saw the sales guy spot the damage but continue boxing it up anyway....it took me to say 'I think there's some damage on that' for them to admit it and knock £20 off...

I get that bricks and mortar stores are under pressure but it wasn't a particularly good experience in there from a transaction point of view. It took about 40 minutes to pay and get out of there once I'd told them what I did and didn't want which was pretty frustrating.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    BRISTOL86 said:
    clarkefan said:

They were very helpful and suggested all through the couple of hours that I was in there that they'd sort me out a decent deal, and in the end took about £30 off of £2500 because they 'didn't have the margin' 

So I wasn't hugely impressed, that after refusing to price match Peach because it wasn't in stock...I was tempted to walk away, and probably should have - sure i'd have gotten a much better deal elsewhere - but I had spent a couple of hours there and actually received helpful advice  and attentive service (and found a guitar I loved) so I didn't want to be a dick about it.

They then said they'd have the Helix sent down from Nottingham overnight and it'd be in the next day to pick it up - surprise surprise it wasn't, they'd completely forgot to arrange it by all accounts, so I ended up with that 3 days later than promised...

Then the following day my brother bought something for his drum kit in there that was damaged (only the display one in stock) and I saw the sales guy spot the damage but continue boxing it up anyway....it took me to say 'I think there's some damage on that' for them to admit it and knock £20 off...

I get that bricks and mortar stores are under pressure but it wasn't a particularly good experience in there from a transaction point of view. It took about 40 minutes to pay and get out of there once I'd told them what I did and didn't want which was pretty frustrating.
    Next time,.....

CODA.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    clarkefan said:

Next time,.....

CODA.
    Yeah, trouble is if you want to play a selection of guitars there's very little choice here in Bristol. I should have made a weekend of it and gone elsewhere, but ultimately I got a guitar I like and the other gear I wanted...

It's their loss to be honest, they've probably lost me as a repeat customer and at the ripe old age of 31 I have many more bouts of GAS to look forward to in the coming decades no doubt!
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    BRISTOL86 said:
    clarkefan said:

Ahh that's bollocks, £30?? The rest of the story is bollocks as well.

If it's any consolation, thank you. I'm considering a similar one-off buying splurge shortly and they are my nearest big store, but I'll be going elsewhere, that is shit behaviour.

Do they have a FB page? Your post deserves a wider audience.
    clarkefan said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    clarkefan said:

Ahh that's bollocks, £30?? The rest of the story is bollocks as well.

If it's any consolation, thank you. I'm considering a similar one-off buying splurge shortly and they are my nearest big store, but I'll be going elsewhere, that is shit behaviour.

Do they have a FB page? Your post deserves a wider audience.
    I made a call in the end that it wasn't worth the fight - they've likely lost plenty of repeat business and in all honesty i've never exactly been wowed in there - lost count of the number of times I've picked up a guitar and put it straight back where it's grimy and clearly got year-old strings on...