Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anti climax...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31875
    The only qualification I gained at school was a Cycling Proficiency Badge. 

I have no idea where that is. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    The only qualification I gained at school was a Cycling Proficiency Badge. 

I have no idea where that is. 
    Not even "swimming in your PJs?" Or whatever it was called? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 618
    @Legionreturns everyone has seen posts by you with respect to your daily duties. Inspirational IMO. Would be criminal if poxy O levels stopped you from gaining that position.

As an aside is there any worse time to ask a youth to sit an exam (especially lads maybe)? I do understand pros and cons of exam v continual assessment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    notanon said:
    @Legionreturns everyone has seen posts by you with respect to your daily duties. Inspirational IMO. Would be criminal if poxy O levels stopped you from gaining that position.

As an aside is there any worse time to ask a youth to sit an exam (especially lads maybe)? I do understand pros and cons of exam v continual assessment.
    My biggest struggle at the moment is to keep my year 11s attending. We're currently deciding which exams, if any, to enter them for. 

I've got one in prison until May, and two others who've barely been anywhere near school since Xmas because they're on "the home stretch" and don't care anymore. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 618
    edited January 2018
    I wish you all the best and good luck with the interview @Legionreturns keep us posted how it goes I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in the outcome.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I had an issue with GCSEs while registering for uni...

Took hours to get hold of an academic to confirm that it wasn't an issue as I was applying under "a history of academic excellence" for my grades during my Open University degree, and not A Levels (or GCSEs)... I too had no bloody idea where the certificates were - having never needed them and I still don't have them
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3324
    That’s appalling. I know many schools want to see them but to not allow you either extra time to find them, or alternatively to go ahead with the interview and if successful then have the stipulation that they must be provided before you officially commence the post is just scandalous. 

Tbh, I hope you find a better institution that values your skills and deserves your efforts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14003
    So I guess Legion won't be returning then?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    notanon said:

My biggest struggle at the moment is to keep my year 11s attending. We're currently deciding which exams, if any, to enter them for. 

I've got one in prison until May, and two others who've barely been anywhere near school since Xmas because they're on "the home stretch" and don't care anymore. 
    Tell them how important GCSE's are and that how you yourself couldn't even get a job interview to do the job you do as you didn't have evidence of an O-Level :P