What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Chris Moyles is still a thing? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    beed84 said:
    axisus said:
    They asked for money. People chose to give them money. What's the problem?
    Everything.
    Nothing, good luck to them. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018

Chris Moyles is still a thing? 
    Yep. Radio X. He has Dominic Burne and Pippa from his Radio 1 days with him. It's OK if you don't mind Chris Moyles.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12336
    57Deluxe said:
    if everyone in the UK gave me just 1p... how much would I have?
    Somewhere between £650,000 and £700,000
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    beed84 said:
    axisus said:
    Everything.
    The world hasn't gone mad then? I mean they only wanted £50. Seriously, how can two 17 year olds not earn £50 between them? Posing in work clobber too. This crowdfunding lark has been exploited by opportunists and becoming a commercial swiz if you ask me.
    edited January 2018
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    axisus said:
    Everything.
    The world hasn't gone mad then? I mean they only wanted £50. Seriously, how can two 17 year olds not earn £50 between them? Posing in work clobber too. This crowdfunding lark has been exploited by opportunists and becoming a commercial swiz if you ask me.
    Where's the swiz? You can argue the morality of the cause or need that the crowdfundng is created for but there's no apparent deception in the approach these lads are taking.  Unless of course, as with any online personas, they are not in fact the Burke Brothers and are Russian hackers...

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    I'd fund the fat little sods to get a pair of bikes.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Exactly, fecking cheeky pair of fat buttweasels
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    I reckon they are not brothers at all just a pair of very youthful looking Financial Times undercover journalists.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    axisus said:
    Everything.
    Where's the swiz? You can argue the morality of the cause or need that the crowdfundng is created for but there's no apparent deception in the approach these lads are taking.  Unless of course, as with any online personas, they are not in fact the Burke Brothers and are Russian hackers...
    Well they asked for £50 (what car could you get for £50 anyway?), somehow used Chris Moyles as a pawn to advertise their appeal thus helping them garner more cash, and up to now have bagged themselves £2660 of other peoples money, which they don't intend to return. And as you rightly said, there's no apparent deception, but are they really going to spend the lot on a car?

Had their appeal being justifiable, i.e. not 'we can't be arsed to walk', then perhaps you'd help them out. But instead, what comes across to me is that they're a pair of lazy arsed chancing freeloaders who, once again, haven't thought this through.

I blame the parents. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Why would they return the money? They wanted £50. It's clear that they've already beaten that target when you go on the site, so people are obviously making the decision to give them further money. 
    Good for them. This is probably the best thing that's ever happened to them, and they've deceived no one.