PSA: Virgin Media Hardware Upgrade (FREE)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited February 2018
    Sporky said:
    I stuck with the external WiFi box so that I didn't have to go round every device and set it to a new SSID and password. Plus I can make sure the firmware is always up to date and I know about any security issues.
    There is that I suppose. Part of why I didn't bother was that I've been using it as a repeater lately, plus the on/off switch has given up so it might be time to get rid of it.  
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    edited February 2018
    Sporky said:
    Our new hardware arrived. I feared the worst but it took maybe half an hour to install and get running. New Hub3 is much easier to put into modem mode, and the new TV box is certainly a lot quicker. And the app works now.

Not bad.
    Similar experience here. Took me about an hour to get everything up and running but only because the mains plugs are all buried behind our tv unit and the leads had to be threaded through a small hole in the back. The V6 box is way quicker, especially with iPlayer, and the wireless signal is a lot stronger with the new hub. I’m happy. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Ah - I rewired the telly a couple of weeks ago knowing this was coming, so it was an easy swap.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Sporky said:
    I stuck with the external WiFi box so that I didn't have to go round every device and set it to a new SSID and password. Plus I can make sure the firmware is always up to date and I know about any security issues.
    Or you could just set up the new super hub with the same SSID and password as the previous one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    edited February 2018
    That'd be too easy.

But have a Wiz.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Virgin are fucking bollocks. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom