PP2+ just broke and gig in 6 hours! Batteries?

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
I was playing through my HRD III, pedalboard all working. Noticed that my big box DMM sounded shit and suddenly it started squealing. Took it out and continued to play. Next thing the whole board has no power, and the light on the PP2+ won't come on. I've tried a different power lead so it's not the fuse in that. 
My amp was on the same power extension and thats fine.

I'll never get it fixed or a new one in time, so I suppose I need to know if I put batteries in my pedals will they last the 6 hours that the board will be plugged in?
I've got 2 thorpyfx drives, a demeter compulator, a polytune, and I'll put my boss dd3 on its own power supply.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Local music shop and a cheap daisy chain cable? Would get you out of a hole...
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

Said it a few times now! Get thee to Maplin and buy a rake of their 6AA cell battery boxes and some PP3 clip lead and suitable power plugs (take the pedals) .

For this emergency you can twist and gaffer the leads together but DO check the polarity !

Don't have a test meter? Then you are NOT "proper Rock and Roll!"

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10458
    I would just daisy chain that lot with the exception of the DD3 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Batteries will easily last a lot longer than 6 hours in those pedals apart from the DD3 of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can lend you a cioks if you are near Northampton
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Sorted with a daisy chain thanks. It looks hideous haha. 3 gigs with that set up before something broke. I should have stuck to the axe fx.
    meltedbuzzbox said:
    I can lend you a cioks if you are near Northampton
    Thanks very much for the offer but unfortunately I'm not. 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639
    DefaultM said:
    meltedbuzzbox said:
    I can lend you a cioks if you are near Northampton
    Thanks very much for the offer but unfortunately I'm not. 

You're not missing a lot.

Dave.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Unbelievable. Just played the first set and my amp apparently no longer has a clean channel, just all slight overdrive. I give up haha.