Help Wanted - two amp set up... what route to take?

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
edited January 2018 in Amps
Hello

I have a tone king falcon grande which is a wonderful amp!

I'm really wanting to try a wet/dry amp setup as the guitarist has left in the band so I want the guitar sound to be as big as possible to fill the gap.

I have a few options...money is tight so want to make the right decision based on experience from you guys!

1) Sell the tone king and buy something like 2 fender blues juniors or a Fender Blues Jnr and a vox ac15 or marshall dsl 20 or something similar

2) Keep the tone king and save up for an amp that will mix well with the tone king. This leaves another question which one?

Also with the Wet/ Dry is it best to run both amps clean then add overdrives/distortions to both amps? Or have a fender and a marshall for cleans and overdrives? 

Would it sound weird having a clean amp and a distorted amp at the same time?

Also with people who have done this setup....how good is into play live with 2 amps behind you?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don’t take option 1 whatever you do. Selling one good amp to buy two mediocre amps is not the path to tonal nirvana!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    Here's a thing: You will hear no degradation of your core sound if one amp is top notch and the other meh. Route the more articulate tone through the good and the dirt through the meh and perhaps add some EQ from a pedal along the  meh's path and all will be fine.

Now go and look for a shit amp and be ready to be surprised.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

You can buy a lot of amp for not a lot of money second hand. 
  • Option 2 it is then. 

Run both amps clean and hit them both with the same Overdrive pedals?