Digging out the GT-8 again...

darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11905
Many years ago, I bought a Boss GT-8, barely used it, still got it.

Going to dig it out again, but wondering on amping it up, better to put through the clean channel on my Boss Katana 50, or through the Acoustic channel?  Will it really be better through some active speakers, or through some kind of single-channel valve amp?

Thoughts...?

Thanks all :)
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited January 2018
    I've got a GT100.

I just got these Alesis Elevate 5 MKII from an ebay shop.
    I haven't got my desk up yet so can't say how they sound until maybe Monday but for the £110 they cost they seem great.
    They take stereo instrument leads with 6.3mm jacks and RCA from the laptop for listening to music and there's 'Bass Boost' function, plus the speaker lead that connects the two speakers is 6.3mm jacks as well so I can use a nice quality speaker lead the same as I use with the 'Deathstar'.

Come and try them with your GT-8 anytime from about the end of next week/weekend when my place is a bit more finished if you like?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11905
    Thanks I'm overdue a trip to Bedford :)

I'm going to try to do my ultimate Oasis patch as a little project I think...
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Thanks I'm overdue a trip to Bedford :)

I'm going to try to do my ultimate Oasis patch as a little project I think...
    There's a lot I *Have* to get done this week coming so by next weekend it'll be cool.

I'll say Sunday to have everything set up anyway and then if you're free, come down and try it all.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11905
    Thanks man I'll check the diary (translation: see what the wife will let me do..) ;)