Cab Advice

mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 319
edited January 2018 in Amps
I managed to snag the Top Hat Explexador 50w Marshall clone from the classifieds here and I absolutely love it. But it has got me thinking about what cab to pair with it (currently putting it through the speakers of my cornford roadhouse 50 2x12 combo).

I really like the sound of the big 2x12 cabinet it is currently going through but a 1x12 is very attractive for the portability. Was maybe thinking a 1x12 in an oversized cabinet? 

Any thoughts? 

Zilla is an obvious choice but any other recommendations on where to get the cab from? 

Any views on suitable speaker type?

thanks all!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Personally I've always found 1x12s a little boxey, especially with a marshall style head. Zilla are incredibly well made cabs and often go cheap because they don't say Orange or Marshall on, they do a compact 2x12 which I've heard good things about. I'd say one of those with a couple of Greenbacks or Creambacks or something similar and you'll be in business!
  • You can get a creamback loaded one brand new in any colour and style you like for £390 brand new from Zilla or they crop up on ebay etc for around the £250 mark from time to time