Sky verses Virgin

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4384
    TheMarlin said:
    Virgin have appalling customer services. 
    My experience with Virgin...

I've had pretty good service from them, my phone wasn't connected at first and they fixed it within 24 hours - even calling when they said they would to test the line.  Sign of decent customer service is how things are fixed when they go wrong.

That said, they don't half pile on the sales calls.  Eventually I let the woman go through her script, reiterated that I didn't want anything extra besides the broadband and Tivo box, and she couldn't get me off the phone quickly enough.  I've not had a call since.

The TV box is, ostensibly, free in the deal - it's basically a conduit for pestering the balls out of you to buy add-ons.  If you're going to buy them anyway to watch your motor racing, I guess your mileage may vary.

The broadband speed is excellent, actually comes down at 105 meg on a 100 meg connection.  They just post the boxes to you as well so you don't have to have their bloody installers gouging holes in your house.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4384
    I should add - that last sentence is predicated on the fact that you already have the cable plumbed in from the street to your house.  If you don't then you'll need an 'engineer' to bang in a socket.

If you've already had this done (my previous owner did it) then you're good to go.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Thanks all.  

Pretty sure our neighbours are on Virgin, I'll check with them to see if they have any issues.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6268

Sky Q is very good, Virgin does nothing like it. Been with Sky for possibly 20 years, no problems with any of their services and we have them for TV, phone and internet.

Virgin's internet is mad fast though, I think up to 300mb/s?

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    randella said:

The TV box is, ostensibly, free in the deal 
    The difference there is that with Sky you buy the box, with Virgin you lease it.

Which means that when it goes wrong, Virgin replace it with another one for no charge...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."