Anyone tempted by the new Thorpys?

What's Hot
markjohnsonmarkjohnson Frets: 22
If you haven't already seen: https://reverb.com/news/video-thorpyfx-unveils-the-fat-general-compressor-team-medic-eq-and-boost

They look like awesome pedals, and I know Adrian is big on building pedals that can pull double duty so there's a lot on offer. I've had a love/hate relationship with compressors in the past but would like to try this one out.
Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Sure they're all great pedals, curious how the compressor is designed. I just wish they were 2 inches shorter so they'd fit most boards better.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I have Dan Coggins compressor already which thorpy pedal is based on so not interested in upgrading tbh. Quite like the size of dan's pedal too. I don't really use EQ so probably not interested in the medic either.

Looking forward to what he'll bring out later in the year though :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Sure they're all great pedals, curious how the compressor is designed. I just wish they were 2 inches shorter so they'd fit most boards better.
    I thought part of the design spec was that they were the right size to fit comfortably on a Pedal Train? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7376
    They take up less room than most pedals. I've got 4 on my board and not had any issues.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4900
    edited January 2018
    Really interested in the Comp, been looking for a Dan Coggins/Dinosaural one for a while. This looks like an evolution so thats a winner!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I'm having the Compressor as soon as Adrian can make it! 

Still need to a/b the Fallout Cloud & Veteran to pick a suitable fuzz for my setup.

• Pete24v said:

Still need to a/b the Fallout Cloud & Veteran to pick a suitable fuzz for my setup.

I couldn't decide, so kept both. I fear you will probably end up in the same boat, they are both insanely good!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9616
    I'm always tempted by the new Thorpy stuff...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Pete24v said:

I couldn't decide, so kept both. I fear you will probably end up in the same boat, they are both insanely good!

I thought as much! 
  • I really fancy the Team Medic. Thorpy's pedals are all so versatile they can all fill a variety of jobs. The only two dirt pedals I have in my board are a peacekeeper and Gunshot and between them I can cover infinite combinations of main drive sound, dirty or clean boost and solo boost into clean and dirty amps!

@ThorpyFX will you be at the guitar show in brum in Feb with the new pedals to try?
    I really fancy the Team Medic. Thorpy's pedals are all so versatile they can all fill a variety of jobs. The only two dirt pedals I have in my board are a peacekeeper and Gunshot and between them I can cover infinite combinations of main drive sound, dirty or clean boost and solo boost into clean and dirty amps!

@ThorpyFX will you be at the guitar show in brum in Feb with the new pedals to try?
    I have the same pair, they work so well together.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Not for me unfortunately I can see they're impeccably built and look lovely, but a lil bit boring/utilitarianu for me, I would want a thorpy real dirty crunch   a mad reverb, and a flanger  then ill be spending.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited January 2018
    Not for me unfortunately I can see they're impeccably built and look lovely, but a lil bit boring/utilitarianu for me, I would want a thorpy real dirty crunch   a mad reverb, and a flanger  then ill be spending.
    God no not another crunch /dirt pedal. I'm keen to be seeing some modulation too though  Maybe a cool auto wah 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6221
    tFB Trader
    I really fancy the Team Medic. Thorpy's pedals are all so versatile they can all fill a variety of jobs. The only two dirt pedals I have in my board are a peacekeeper and Gunshot and between them I can cover infinite combinations of main drive sound, dirty or clean boost and solo boost into clean and dirty amps!

I will indeed have them there to try, through a couple of Amps too. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    God no not another crunch /dirt pedal. I'm keen to be seeing some modulation too though  Maybe a cool auto wah

They're rare compared to bloody overdrives!