Amp Footswitch Wiring

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
so i have this lovely (massive) Budda footswitch, but i was thinking about adding one of those new ring LED switches to it, is this something thats easy to do?
  Not scared of the soldering iron!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    Should be easy enough to fit, but it depends on how the switching logic of the amp works as to whether the LED can be powered from it, or if you’ll need a battery in the pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I was going to add a 9v battery, it’ll last for ages with such a low current draw! 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1649
    timmysoft said:
    I was going to add a 9v battery, it’ll last for ages with such a low current draw! 

I did this for a punter for a Bstar pedal . They switch a FET so there is buggerall current available so I used a 3V Lithium button cell. Never saw him again so must have lasted a year at least!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    It'd be an interesting project as i'd like to do a similar thing for my Badcat