LibreCad.. Jesus wept..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24649
    Another vote for Sketchup here.  Pretty good stuff and not bogged down with a million cryptic options.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    dano said:
    Libre office / studio etc is  spin off of the free OpenOffice.  Make up your own mind on that.

OpenOffice is shite. LibreOffice is shite-er
    We have a room full of PCs which are used for hacking/forensics teaching so we have them disconnected from the internet and our larger network (we have web servers on the little VLAN for things that need such things) ... because of that our Office 365 site licence is not that useful and we didn't want to look un-professional and have warnings of unlicenced software...

We installed LibraOffice ... 

It is awful! 
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Veganic said:
    Draftsight standard is free.
    It is an autocad clone that does Dwgs.
    Easier to get help with.
    Thanks for the recommendation! Just installed it today, much headscratching but it's easier to use (I can actually type in the dimensions I want!!). I daresay I might install Sketchup at some point too but when I looked at their website it seemed to be purely 3D focused.
    Christ sakes, I've done the work I needed to do but I'm going to be on the hunt for another CAD software solution...

Open Draftsight, fill in activation details (email, email, industry, position, blah, blah, blah), it sends an email, go to outlook, click on the link, reopen draftsight, you can now use it. Woo

If you close the program and reopen it you have to repeat the above steps EVERY SINGLE TIME

I'm going to go back to pen, paper and a ruler. At least it works!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Foster said:
    Christ sakes, I've done the work I needed to do but I'm going to be on the hunt for another CAD software solution...

Open Draftsight, fill in activation details (email, email, industry, position, blah, blah, blah), it sends an email, go to outlook, click on the link, reopen draftsight, you can now use it. Woo

If you close the program and reopen it you have to repeat the above steps EVERY SINGLE TIME

Glad it helped.  I don't have to re-register every time. Google throws up a few solutions.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd do it in power point but just scale everything down to fit an A3 sheet.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

Veganic said:
    Foster said:

Glad it helped.  I don't have to re-register every time. Google throws up a few solutions.
    I've tried google and it's of no help. I've no doubt the solutions work but I reckon work will not allow me to buy another laptop running on an older version of windows just to run some free CAD software.

Solutions seem to be "make sure our site is whitelisted", yeah great except there isn't a way to whitelist a site in Microsoft Edge (which 10 insists on using). 

I'm amazed anyone buys a pro licence, even one of the solutions google throws up is for their own forum where the answer was essentially "Not our problem, go ask on a different community run forum". There's a huge issue with people opening their program and the Devs don't even care! 

Had a look at Sketchup. Not a chance in hell. You need about 7 fingers just to scroll the screen.

It really irritates me, DraftSight was good to use but it's harder to get going than a British Leyland car.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    Nomad said:

Ability to share files is one. [snip]

Another is the installed skill base [snip]

I was going for a cheap funny!

I find AutoCAD frustrating; different commands have inconsistent syntax in particular. It seems designed to break standard UI conventions as often as possible.

Rhino3D reads and writes DWGs but has utterly consistent syntax across all commands - and every command is accessible via menu, toolbar or command line. You can even launch a command one way and then carry on a different way.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618

TurboCAD d2D/3D is pretty decent and can be had pretty cheaply......think you can download a trial/take a look here

http://www.turbocad.co.uk/windows-range/turbocad-deluxe-2d-3d

It was useful for me so I went on ebay and picked up a new 2015 version for about £15 IIRC with licence