Amazon Gift Voucher Peeve

a couple of months ago i was given an amazon voucher by a family member, tied to redeem it today but it said it has already been redeemed. double checked my purchases as i was sure i hadnt used it, and its been in my possession all the while. Contacted amazon who confirmed it had been used, but wouyldnt give me any information, who or what for, data protection etc. said i have to go back to the gift-er and they have to contact them.    bit of a pain plus embarrassing to  tell someont the voucher they gave you is bad.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    They may have given you the wrong one and discarded the good one. You can only mention to them and see what they say. At the end of the day they deserve to know whether or not you got their gift.imo.
  • JAYJO said:
    They may have given you the wrong one and discarded the good one. You can only mention to them and see what they say. At the end of the day they deserve to know whether or not you got their gift.imo.
    possibly, but it was one that they print out and personalize, ie its got my name and message on
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    edited February 2018
    JAYJO said:
    possibly, but it was one that they print out and personalize, ie its got my name and message on
     i wouldnt think twice mate. Just give them a bell and tell them the facts. Just insist you dont mind about the money its the principal. we know your lying but they dont.  Dont just leave it.
  • JAYJO said:
    JAYJO said:
     i wouldnt think twice mate. Just give them a bell and tell them the facts. Just insist you dont mind about the money its the principal. we know your lying but they dont.  Dont just leave it.
    no, i will tell them, for their own security they will need to check their account. someone could have found it on their computer, copied the number and used it. i only have the printed voucher which has been kept in my desk for 2 months