Help - Cry Baby Mini Wah - Whats the difference between CBM95 Mini and 535Q

Hi everyone
Interested in getting a new Mini Wah for my pedalboard and just wondering if anyone could explain which one is better?
Cry Baby Mini CBM95 Mini or the Cry Baby Mini CBM535Q ?

Cry Baby Mini - CBM 95
https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/cbm95-7-10137-08134-5.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=&ecCategory=

This is now on Pre Order and approx £60 more than the other...
Cry Baby Mini - CBM 535Q
https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/cbm535q-7-10137-10343-6.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=&ecCategory=

Thank you so much to anyone who can shed any light on this and if worth waiting.

Dean

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 672
    edited February 2018

The blurb from the actual link you posted on the 535Q:

"The Cry Baby Mini 535Q Wah provides the perfect balance of wah control and pedalboard-efficiency. Set the tonal character of your sound with the Range Selector, which allows you to choose one of the standard 535Q Wah’s four most popular sweep ranges. With the Q control, you can shape the wah’s response, from a narrow bandpass that emphasizes higher end harmonics to a wide bandpass that emphasizes lower end harmonics. If you want to a bump up to the front of the mix, just crank the Volume control and then kick the Boost switch to engage the level change. There’s a handy LED next to the Boost switch that lets you know when it’s active."

The normal Crybaby mini doesn't have these options :)

• The blurb from the actual link you posted on the 535Q:

"The Cry Baby Mini 535Q Wah provides the perfect balance of wah control and pedalboard-efficiency. Set the tonal character of your sound with the Range Selector, which allows you to choose one of the standard 535Q Wah’s four most popular sweep ranges. With the Q control, you can shape the wah’s response, from a narrow bandpass that emphasizes higher end harmonics to a wide bandpass that emphasizes lower end harmonics. If you want to a bump up to the front of the mix, just crank the Volume control and then kick the Boost switch to engage the level change. There’s a handy LED next to the Boost switch that lets you know when it’s active."

The normal Crybaby mini doesn't have these options :)

Was wondering if simplicity is the way forward or is the 535Q far superior and would be silly to get other one over it?
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 672
    edited February 2018
    The standard wah has internal dip-switches so you can still tweak the tone slightly.

However, I have the CAE wah which has added switchable boost etc and I love it. It saves an extra tap-dancing move for me if I’m using the wah for a lead solo