Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Passport photos in Bury St Edmunds

What's Hot

Comments

• Thanks to all who volunteered info, it turns out they've got a machine in the big Sainsbury's, which is convenient as I pass there on my way home :)

I had a 10 yr passport in 1980, used it once and never renewed it. Not sure exactly when we will go but it may be within the next few weeks. I may have to drive to Peterborough to expedite the process.

I don't fancy the journey at all. I think I'd be quite interested once I get there. I wish someone would invent the Star-Trek transporter. Travel has for most of my life been a PITA with the possible exception of a couple of motorcycling holidays I did many years ago which I did basically for the fun of seeing somewhere different from the seat of a Norton Commando.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22285
    edited February 2018
    Are you thinking of leaving the village Phil?

If so you don’t actually need a passport.
    2018 tFB Comment of the Year achieved before the end of Feb :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22285
    edited February 2018
    You can take your own photo and upload on their website .
    Yep.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

When are you going @Phil_aka_Pip ? And when did your last passport run out?
    Not necessarily. I'm renewing mine right now. My passport was issued in 1999 when I was 19 and ran out 9 years ago. The online renewal wouldn't allow me to upload a picture so it's off to Morrisons this afternoon for pics before posting my renewal app later today. What the website says you can do doesn't match up with what it allows you to do (Government website fail shocker). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited February 2018
    Last time I renewed mine you needed a special security photo .. all the photo booths in my town vanished as they weren't compliant and kids now take pics on phones rather than booths. I had to go to a photographic shop.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • west said:
    max spielman if theres one of them , just did mine and they instantly confirm gov acceptance £9.99
    We go to max spielman for ours. You get the photos and a little memory stick should you need extra copies. They might send you copies to your email as well, can’t quite remember. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    is this cos of all the Eastern European immigration into the area?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 997
    My black passport ran out 2003 im in the process of renewal , tried to do it online , but basically its like starting from scratch, docs verification co-sig  through the post a right ballache ....
  • usedtobe said:
    Wait a bit and get a blue one. You know you want to!
    My first preference would be to not get one at all.
    My second would be to, as you say, wait for a proper one ;)
    Unfortunately our project can't wait.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)

• I had a 10 yr passport in 1980, used it once and never renewed it. Not sure exactly when we will go but it may be within the next few weeks. I may have to drive to Peterborough to expedite the process.

I'd get your application in ASAP then, passports issued back then aren't always still on the HMPO database and can require further checks to be done that can slow the process down a bit, especially if you don't still have the old one. Hence...

west said:
    My black passport ran out 2003 im in the process of renewal , tried to do it online , but basically its like starting from scratch, docs verification co-sig  through the post a right ballache ....
    I'm guessing it ran out a lot earlier than that, the last Old Blues were issued in 1987-8 so would have run out before the turn of the century.

Not necessarily. I'm renewing mine right now. My passport was issued in 1999 when I was 19 and ran out 9 years ago. The online renewal wouldn't allow me to upload a picture so it's off to Morrisons this afternoon for pics before posting my renewal app later today. What the website says you can do doesn't match up with what it allows you to do (Government website fail shocker). 
    There's no scans of the photo's from that era so it can't be done and compared online, that's why the online application system knocked you back. Probably doesn't explain that so yeah, fail!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    Last time I flew to Germany, I went from London City.  A lot less hassle than Stansted.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    Last time I flew to Germany, I went from London City.  A lot less hassle than Stansted.
    Thanks Tony. Does that include the parking?

Hope your teeth are feeling better by now ...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    TTony said:
    Thanks Tony. Does that include the parking?

Hope your teeth are feeling better by now ...
    Dont drive *anywhere* that has London in the name.

Fair point though, from BSE, its easier to get to Stansted (train or car).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12448
    DLM said:
    Yup! :)
    I was out in Munich just before Xmas with my wife and bro and sis-in-law. My SiL was a US army brat born in Munich and wanted to visit her roots. What a beautiful town, we all loved it, nothing like I expected at all. My wife and I are planning another visit at some stage, we really want to see Neuschwannstein (sp?). 

west said:
    I'm guessing it ran out a lot earlier than that, the last Old Blues were issued in 1987-8 so would have run out before the turn of the
    there was an extention it ran out in 2003 as i stated ....

• west said:

west said:
    I'm guessing it ran out a lot earlier than that, the last Old Blues were issued in 1987-8 so would have run out before the turn of the
    there was an extention it ran out in 2003 as i stated ....

Ah, missed that. Extended in 1998-9 I assume?
    97 ...
  • west said:
    97 ...
    Yep, even back then HM Gov could be relied on to right-royally fuck up any IT upgrade to a large department! The replacement wasn't much better either and caused the chaos of '99.

Hope your new one arrives soon.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    boogieman said:
    DLM said:
    I was out in Munich just before Xmas with my wife and bro and sis-in-law. My SiL was a US army brat born in Munich and wanted to visit her roots. What a beautiful town, we all loved it, nothing like I expected at all. My wife and I are planning another visit at some stage, we really want to see Neuschwannstein (sp?). 
    Aw, man, you should'a said! I owe you big time for giving me all that stuff for nowt years ago! Lemme know if you plan to return, I'll help find a suitable Neuschwanstein package (there are many), and can advise on other visit aspects, too. Part of my job is writing up tourist bumph in English for corporate entertainment. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12448
    DLM said:
    boogieman said:
    DLM said:
    Aw, man, you should'a said! I owe you big time for giving me all that stuff for nowt years ago! Lemme know if you plan to return, I'll help find a suitable Neuschwanstein package (there are many), and can advise on other visit aspects, too. Part of my job is writing up tourist bumph in English for corporate entertainment. 
    You know I’d completely forgotten about that, you inherited all those boxes of old guitar mags, right? 

I’ll definitely give you a shout when we’re planning a return visit, very kind offer my man.  ;)