NGD

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
edited February 2018 in Guitar
Picked up a second hand Tele today from GB Music in Bognor Regis. It’s 2016 MIM Std in 3TSB and is absolutely unmarked. No fret wear and, from the fact that the bridge saddles are in a perfectly straight line, I suspect never played (still had one of the original Fender tags hanging off the neck). Bearing in mind that this is pretty much bottom of the Fender range I can’t believe how light and how resonant it is. I bought it as a modding platform to convert it into an Esquire-alike and am well pleased.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/FTe3AluOBnjtffOSTOeUiGZrzxEhN0v76Fg7g7bv3jV

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/syC78hcaNQ2UmCttPySRWbVlyq3aET0Xw69duN9biwq

As an aside GB Music is a proper instrument shop rather than a box-shifting operation. Has a number of Tokai’s, Gordon Smiths, etc. Sadly, their website is a bit of a mess (I believe they’re in the process of revamping it) but the shop itself is a treasure. I could have spent a deal of money there.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Nice one.

Are you going to change to a 3 saddle bridge?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    edited February 2018
    Probably, although the idea was never to go full Esquire - more single pickup Tele. I’ve already bought an Oil City Alligator pickup, and a RockRabbit Deuce control plate (volume and tone only, no slot for the blade switch). I still need to source an Esquire scratchplate. I really am in two minds about changing the bridge. I thought I would hate the stock six-saddle affair but actually I don’t mind it.
    Oh nice, that control plate is the kind of thing I was looking for when I had an interest in an Esquire.

Kind of a shame that the holes aren't evenly spaced, I'd prefer that
  • HAL9000 said:
    Probably, although the idea was never to go full Esquire - more single pickup Tele. I’ve already bought an Oil City Alligator pickup, and a RockRabbit Deuce control plate (volume and tone only, no slot for the blade switch). I still need to source an Esquire scratchplate. I really am in two minds about changing the bridge. I thought I would hate the stock six-saddle affair but actually I don’t mind it.
    I know this is heresy but I prefer the 6 saddle plate to the ashtray bridge.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    thegummy said:
    Oh nice, that control plate is the kind of thing I was looking for when I had an interest in an Esquire.

RockRabbit do make one with the holes evenly spaced. I believe it’s called the OCD (Yes, really!).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    HAL9000 said:
    I had an Alligator in my old Baja.
    You won't regret that choice!

HNGD
    HAL9000 said:
    thegummy said:

RockRabbit do make one with the holes evenly spaced. I believe it’s called the OCD (Yes, really!).
    Haha perfect!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Good score! You are right about the website though, it hurts my eyes...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It is an erm - unusual website.