Disneyland Paris park tickets ? (bit Mumsnet...)

What's Hot
Does anyone know of a way to get discounted Disneyland Paris park tickets ? we're going at Easter (all sorted) and park passes are £540 for 3 days! holy sh*t!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    Yep! cost me £2K for 4 of us in Florida, Anaheim is $100 a day per person and an adult is someone over 8 years old
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11478
    They are expensive.  When we went to Florida we just went to Disney for one day, and bought a two week pass for the group of parks that includes SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.  I think that was about £80 per person - although the parking was about $15 per time so they got some of it back there.
  • Yes but can you get the CentreParcs experience at Disney?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Yes but can you get the CentreParcs experience at Disney?
    Only if you take your own glass!
  • ESBlonde said:
    Apparently Paris is the only Disneyland where you can buy alcohol. Although when we went the restaurants were almost empty and the McDonalds outside the gate was heaving. 

Quick google suggests if you buy accommodation and entrance together you might do better. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    ESBlonde said:
    Apparently Paris is the only Disneyland where you can buy alcohol. Although when we went the restaurants were almost empty and the McDonalds outside the gate was heaving. 

Quick google suggests if you buy accommodation and entrance together you might do better. 
    We've got friends who have been there.  When they told me the food prices inside, I was stunned.
  • Used to be able to get 4 days for price of 3 in Florida.... now they're only for two weeks really. It's a bit of a rip-off if you want to visit more than one park. I forget where Sheena got the Paris Disneyland tickets but not cheap. Best holiday, though!
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    We got ours from Travel Republic a couple years ago, but if I remember correctly they were not massively cheaper
  • the food always gets slated, i will buy a baguette and some ham at a Supermarket and take it in with us

• EricTheWeary said:

Yeah. You get early park access if you stay at one of the hotels too. I can't remember how much it cost but £500 seems a lot unless it's for a family of six.
  • crunchman said:
    ESBlonde said:

We've got friends who have been there.  When they told me the food prices inside, I was stunned.
    I think day two we took sandwiches! 

The issue with that then became there were no benches. To sit it was either on the grass, in a restaurant or on a ride. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

The Florida one isn't as bad.  They probably can't afford to be with Universal, SeaWorld, and Busch Gardens around.  The food is not cheap but it's not ridiculous.

Once you get over the cost of the air fares, Florida might be a better option overall.  Depending on what you want, accommodation can be a lot cheaper.  Last time we went, we got a villa that slept 9 of us, with its own pool for about £200 per week.  It was a bit out of Orlando, but you want a hire car anyway.  You could get into the theme parks in half an hour.  Probably no worse than getting the shuttles from the hotels.

Food was cheap, petrol is cheap, and you can subsidise the holiday by doing a year's worth of clothes shopping while you are there.  As an example, in the Levi's outlet, I bought 2 pairs of Levis, a pair of shorts, and a T shirt for what you would pay for just one pair of jeans and the T shirt here.  In another shop I got a pair of shoes for $10.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you book late, Florida is a much better deal normally.

DLP is great but Florida is on another level. There is nothing in the world (apart from the sister parks) like Universal and Disney if you are into films and entertainment.

You can now drink alcohol at a few Disneyworld Florida parks. Definitely Epcot. I think they are rolling it out slowly.

The beer at Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley at HP in Universal is actually really nice! Not cheap, but nice and hoppy and strong.