Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you have Travel Insurance?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Never go abroad without insurance. I always buy single trip cover, unless I know I’m going to need an annual policy. But for God’s sake check what you are covered for, and that it meets your requirements. In general, you get what you pay for.

The one and only time I needed it was a few years ago when presented with a $14,000 bill for the wife’s hospital treatment in the US. Fuck me, was I glad I had cover!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I never travel without it - you're fucked if you need to pay medical bills and don't have any kind of coverage.  

We have an annual policy that covers me & mrsF globally
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    We, too, have it via our Lloyds bank account, although so far we've only been to Europe and haven't needed to use it.

Next year, though, we're planning a big trip to Australia and New Zealand, taking in Singapore and Vietnam, so I'll be checking it very carefully.

By the way, @Phil_aka_Pip - I hope you didn't pay for your EHIC card?  There are some bogus twats about who charge you £10 just to redirect you to the Govt website.

• @Nitefly No I didn't, it's OK :) If you google for EHIC one of the first sites that comes up is the official one.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    I’m with Insure and Go. Think an annual platinum worldwide policy (but no winter sports cover) was £135 last year. You can get various grades of cover and just have European only if you want. 
  • Always take out a policy whenever I leave the country, you never know what could happen. I was bitten by a tick in the US a couple of years ago, took a trip to the pharmacy where it was recommend I went to A&E. It was about $700 just to be seen and about and extra $400 for some cream for the bite. I paid it all up front and claimed it back when I returned home.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3699
    rocktron said:
    The reason I am asking is that my Travel Insurance is due for renewal.

My current policy is with Virgin for £193.52.
    My renewal quote with Virgin is £210.43. 

Usually, if I don't reply to their letter advising that my renewal is due, they automatically deduct the money from my bank for the following year's cover.

The company I work work offered reduced Travel Insurance rates with a company they deal with as part of their Employees' Benefits Package. This is about less than half as with Virgin. Alas, I did not realize they did this and did not register in time.  

That seems very expensive.

Last year I paid around £90 for the Mrs and myself for annual cover for our trips to the USA. Due to renew again soon but I don't envisage paying a lot more TBH.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11429
    edited February 2018
    I paid a lot less than that (the Virgin quote) with Insure & Go. When I it 50 I became a Saga lout, which lasted precisly up until the renewal when they quoted me to cover the entire postcode.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    scrumhalf said:
    I paid a lot less than that (the Virgin quote) with Insure & Go. When I it 50 I became a Saga lout, which lasted precisly up until the renewal when they quoted me to cover the entire postcode.
    Saga insurance is usually the most expensive
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 349
    I have used and recommend Multitrip https://www.multitrip.com/. Annual policy, very reasonable but pretty comprehensive cover.

Be careful on renewing though, last year it was cheaper to cancel my policy with them, then start a new one. Even though I pointed this out to them they wouldn’t budge on the renewal quote!
    I love my brick
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    Neil said:
    rocktron said:
    The reason I am asking is that my Travel Insurance is due for renewal.

My current policy is with Virgin for £193.52.
    My renewal quote with Virgin is £210.43. 

Usually, if I don't reply to their letter advising that my renewal is due, they automatically deduct the money from my bank for the following year's cover.

The company I work work offered reduced Travel Insurance rates with a company they deal with as part of their Employees' Benefits Package. This is about less than half as with Virgin. Alas, I did not realize they did this and did not register in time.  

That seems very expensive.

Last year I paid around £90 for the Mrs and myself for annual cover for our trips to the USA. Due to renew again soon but I don't envisage paying a lot more TBH.
    You may see some increases as the pretend you had food poisoning scam is the new pretend you had whiplash scam and insurers have seen heavy claims increases. As always these things people say are victimless and a good way too make money actually hit us all  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got full annual travel insurance for European countries, that also includes hazardous activity cover, as I coach and referee rollersports. It cost me £50 for the year - if I want to upgrade it to worldwide at any point, it only goes up by 20 quid.