Pedometer frustrations

RockerRocker Frets: 4993
My wife has a Crivit pedometer. Setting the device up is very annoying to say the least. The thing measures everything, setting the display to zero before going for a walk is essentially hit or miss. Why are these things so complicated? Why not have the option of deactivating non needed functions like calorie counts? Is there a device that measures steps taken and nothing else?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any of the Garmin watches will do that no problem and sync with your phone

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Any of the Garmin watches will do that no problem and sync with your phone
    Garmin might be a bit feature-rich - I would get the most basic fitbit probably. 
  • Free app on a smart phone. I don't know if they are any less accurate than a pedometer and they are pretty straightforward.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Free app on a smart phone. I don't know if they are any less accurate than a pedometer and they are pretty straightforward.
    There was a thing on tv the other night comparing accuracy. Amazingly the iPhone and fit bit were the two most accurate.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I’ve compared my iPhone app to my niece’s Fitbit - they read pretty much identically.
    There was a thing on tv the other night comparing accuracy. Amazingly the iPhone and fit bit were the two most accurate.
    I suppose an app doesn't have to be accurate it just has to be consistent ( unless Mrs Rocker is training for something very specific) so you know if you've done more or less than before. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    Thanks guys, but my wife wants a simple stand alone pedometer.  One that is not festooned with useless information.  An Apple watch is not a runner, neither the smartphone suggestion as she refuses to have one.  Just a simple device that measures steps.  Nothing more.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

What about a simple digital pedometer like these old fashioned things?

http://pedometers.co.uk/shop/step-counters/silva-ex-series-step-black-56052/

(Not a recommendation of the store, as I've never heard of them.)

I'm sure lots of walking shops will have simple non-connected things like this for 20 quid or so.  I used to have a belt-worn one (not the brand shown).