SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

F.S Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Combo PRICE DROP!

What's Hot
BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 160
edited April 2014 in Amps £

PRICE DROP!!!

Here we have a lovely combo capable of great things. From chiming cleans and raunchy driven tones it can do it all. This is essentially a single channel amp running on 4xEL84s but has a "BOOST" section that's also foot switchable, a passive EQ and effects loop. She also has the original Eminence Red Fang 12" Alnico Speaker with sounds gorgeous.   

This amp has more functions than you could shake a stick at such as; 

• 5 way voicing switch
  • pentode/triode switch
  • half power switch
  • Accutronics tube driven long spring reverb
  • Tube cooling fan On/Off switch (great for recording)

She is in good used condition. Those of you that are familiar with Genz Benz products will know how bomb proof the build quality is. 

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r673/bmadley/Genz1_zps70bf9d54.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r673/bmadley/Genz2_zps995c7a3e.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r673/bmadley/Genz3_zps00057043.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r673/bmadley/Genz4_zps482e7721.jpg

£500 Delivered!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 424

• BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 160
    First bump for a cracking rarely seen amp.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 377
    I have the 2x12 and it's stunning.  Don't see these often - if I had the dough I'd be snapping this up for a clean/dirty rig - there's so many good sounds in these amps that I'd happily carry two of them around!  Good luck with the sale and have a bump on me.
    Cheers dude. It really is a great amp. Sadly it has to go to create space and funds for my latest amp venture
    Bump for the weekend. open to offers. get yourself a lovely rare amp
    Bumpsky
    Back to the top
    Bump. Open to offers of trade or cash. Get yourself a lovely versatile amp
    Bump for price drop. Can't believe there isn't any love for such a good amp. especially one that's rarely seen
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump back to the top
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 377
    Can't believe nobody has grabbed this yet.  Totally alleviated my amp GAS when I got mine.  Recently used it in the studio and the engineer was leaning on me to use the Fender Deluxe that was sat there miked up.  He quickly came round to my way of thinking once I'd run a few takes off on the Black Pearl.  I think he wanted to keep it!
    Bump still here. Can't understand why
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    Bump still here. Can't understand why

I'm not sure if you were a member of the previous Music Radar forum, and I'm a little surprised no-one on here has mentioned this previously, but a few forum members bought Black Pearls when GAK were blowing them out at £399 last year and had no end of reliability issues with them.

So with that lingering memory, and that some members bought them brand new for less than your asking price, this might not be the best place to secure a sale on one of these.  I think these seem great amps in principle, was tempted myself at the time, and mean no disrespect with these comments - just trying to offer some explanation as to perhaps why no-one on here is snapping it up...

I was a member of MR and I do know of the gak blow out. The reliability issues came from genz benz scrimping on quality on many parts on the final run in 2005/6 e.g transformer and tube sockets ect. This amp however was built in 2003 and has no such issues. In 2003 this amp was retailing at around £1500 (I think there is a review on MR with a rrp.) The quality of this amp I think really is hard to beat as almost every component has been over engineered. This amp cant really be compared with the gak run due to it being built of higher quality parts. I'm in no hurry to shift this amp but I am flexible on price. Whoever buys this will get a great amp and will realise this is a vastly different animal to the substandard gak fire sale ones. Thanks for bringing this up and hopefully this will iron out any reliability concerns anyone might have had.
    Bo
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
    I played one of these a few years ago and it was a fine amp indeed.  Well worth the asking price IMHO.

On the strength of that amp, I started my love affair with the Eminence Red Fang.  That reminds me, I think I've still got a couple of new ones in the loft...
    edited April 2014
    Now gone. Pending swap